Tomorrow by CatherineWinner
Summary: He tells himself ‘tomorrow’ but then decides ‘today’
Categories: Slash/FemSlash Characters: Derek Morgan, Dr. Spencer Reid
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Slash
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 328 Read: 4404 Published: Aug 27, 2008 Updated: Aug 27, 2008
Story Notes:
Don't own-don't sue

Reviews are loved~

1. Chapter 1 by CatherineWinner

Chapter 1 by CatherineWinner
Tomorrow he’ll tell Morgan he likes him. He tells himself the same thing every night.



Every night that Derek drives him home, teasing him gently, almost comfortably, the entire way. Offering to stick around if he needed help getting tucked in, offering to make him a cup of hot chocolate and wash behind his ears.



Tomorrow, Spencer decides.



Because, god forbid, he says yes now.



He says no to any and all of Derek’s attempts to get up to his apartment.



Because, god forbid he has to tell him now.



Tomorrow, Spencer tells himself firmly, defiantly tomorrow.



He ignores the way Derek tells him goodnight while staring at him with dark hazy eyes. Spencer ignores the ways Derek’s voice sounds almost desperate for him to turn that glaze.



Tomorrow, Spencer convinces himself as he clutches his bag and slides out of the car.



Tomorrow he’ll tell Morgan how much he appreciates the drives home, how much he loves when Derek’s there for him on the basic level he needs to so much.



He tosses Morgan an awkward wave as he makes his way up to his door. Morgan smirks at him, waving back with two fingers before turning his car around and pulling away.



Tomorrow, Spencer tells himself, maybe he’ll ask Morgan to stay.



He watches as Derek’s car vanishes into the darkness, then suddenly pulls his cellphone out of his bag and dials a number.



“Yeah?”



“Hey Derek?”



“Spence?”



“Tomorrow’s never coming is it?”



A chuckle fills the other end. “For a genius I can’t believe it took you this long to that figure out?”



Spencer smiles. “So are you coming back?”



“What do you think?”



Spencer closes his phone in time to watch headlights speeding toward him. He smiles to himself, because, god forbid tomorrow ever comes.



Tonight…right this second…is all he’s ever going to want. Because, after all, tomorrows never going to come.
This story archived at https://criminal-minds-fiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=131