Power of love by The Black Horse
FeatureSummary: Penelope is in a serious relationship that one day turns abusive. Morgan helps her understand that it isn’t her fault that she got hit and to learn to love again.
Categories: General Characters: Aaron 'Hotch' Hotchner, David Rossi, Derek Morgan, Dr. Spencer Reid, Emily Prentiss, Jennifer "JJ" Jareau, Penelope Garcia
Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Rape, Sexual Content, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: Once Upon A Time...
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 6820 Read: 12643 Published: Mar 15, 2011 Updated: May 16, 2011

1. Chapter 1- Salty tears by The Black Horse

2. Chapter 2- Blind by The Black Horse

3. Chapter 3- Fighting inner demons by The Black Horse

4. Chapter 4- Matters of the heart by The Black Horse

Chapter 1- Salty tears by The Black Horse
Penelope watched the blood dissolve into the warm flowing water. She felt the tears slowly begin to roll down her warm cheeks again as she turned off the water and grabbed a towel from the rack.

She put the towel against her face feeling the soft texture of the towel as she breathed in the flowery scent of the laundry detergent. She kept the towel to her face as she began to weep with wild abandonment.

After a couple of minutes Penelope set down the towel gingerly on the counter next to the sink and wiped the tears that escaped from her eyes. Slowly she run her fingers through her hair as she sighed taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly trying to keep the tears at bay.

This was the first time Mike has ever hit her. He got angry at her when she told him that she wanted to have a baby, to start a family together and when she found him in bed with other woman. Mike wasn’t about to let her tie him down, he wasn’t about to get tied down with kids and a ring around his finger, and he’ll do whatever he feels like.

Penelope sighed as she noticed that one of her sleeves was soaked in blood. With a sharp sigh she walked to her room and changed her shirt. Penelope grabbed her shirt and stuffed it into her purse and grabbed the keys and made her way towards her car.

She swung open the door and slipped into the front seat and jammed the key into the hole and started the ignition. Penelope felt like her heart was about to come through her chest. She broke into tears, She leaned over the steering wheel and let herself let go and cry.

Penelope winced as her forehead touched the steering wheel. She leaned back and gently touched the cut on her forehead. She looked at her fingers and examined the blood on her fingers. She took her bag and rummaged through it for a tissue. Seconds later she found a tissue and pressed the tissue against the cut as she felt tears roll down her cheeks again.

Penelope jumped as her cell came to live in her purse. With a deep breath she quickly reached for her purse and set it on the lap and rummaged through her purse and found her cell. “Garcia,” She responded with a high pitched tone of voice.

She forced a smile as she recognized the voice on the other side. Penelope cleared her throat before she spoke again. Penelope’s voice cracked as she spoke.

“Baby girl, are you okay,” Morgan asked.

Penelope wiped a single tear that rolled down her cheek, “Yes, why,” She asked sniffing slightly.

“You seem upset,” He said with a curious tone.

“I’m f-f-fine,” She sighed and pulled away from her parking spot.

“Have you been crying,” Morgan asked her.

“No,” She lied as she stopped for a red light.

“You seem like you have baby,” He hinted slightly.

“O-o-okay,” She answered him wanting to cry again.

“Baby girl, It’s okay if you were and if you are,” Morgan told her.

Penelope sighed with frustration and turned into the parking lot of the laundry met. She turned off the engine and got out of the car and leaned against the car.

“I know. I’m fine,” She lied again.

Morgan let out a quiet sigh and said, “You don’t seem fine,”

She rolled her eyes and sighed as she said, “I’m fine, seriously sugar,” she hung up quickly before Morgan could reply.

That after noon Penelope walked into the BAU with her purse swinging around her wrist and a venti iced coffee in her other hand. She was wearing a cherry red tank top with a black leather belt around her waist and a short black casual blazer jacket, dark red India style skirt with white fish nets and black heels. Her hair was down up into a tight bun with strands of hair over her forehead so they hind her cut.

“Hey baby girl,” Morgan greeted her warmly as she approached him and towards the stairs.

Penelope smiled slightly, “Hello,” She said as she climbed the stairs. Morgan followed her up the stairs.

“Garcia, hey, hey,” He grabbed her gently by the arm, “What’s the matter baby,” he asked her as she tried to get away from him and to start on the new case.

“Nothing,” She replied with a sigh.

Morgan gave her a puzzled look and leaned against the frame of the door. Penelope quickly sat down her purse on her desk and settled into her chair and started the computer.

“Baby, you aren’t acting like yourself,” Morgan asked.

Penelope looked up at him, “What do you mean,” she asked opening a file.

Morgan leaned against the desk and crossed his arms against his chest, “You aren’t chipper or I haven’t got any flirty comments from you like usual,”

Penelope sighed and forced a smile and said, “Morgan, I don’t have to be flirty or be chipper all the time,” she told him with a slight frown and ran her fingers over her cut. She winced slightly as her fingers touched the wound. Morgan looked at her forehead than into her eyes.

“Penelope,” He asked.

“Yes,” She replied feeling suddenly uncomfortable.

“You’ve got a cut on your forehead,” He said reaching towards her forehead.

Penelope shied away from his touch. Morgan frowned slightly as she pulled away avoiding his touch.

“Baby, did Mike do this to you,” He asked feeling his stomach twist and turn in growing anger.

“Don’t baby me Morgan, and no he didn’t,” she lied as she noticed his demeanor changed as he saw the cut on her forehead.

“I ran into the door this morning,” She lied again.

Morgan frowned and looked at her with a stern expression, “Running into a door wouldn’t make a cut like that,”

Penelope rolled her eyes because she knew that Morgan had figured out that she is lying about how she got the cut on her forehead. He knew that the cut wasn’t from running into a door put being hit with a object.
Chapter 2- Blind by The Black Horse
Penelope sat in front of the computer staring at the screen with a blank stare on her face. She painfully aware of the cut on the forehead as it was throbbing.

She jumped as Emily walked behind her with cups of coffee and a bag of scones for the both of them.

“Hey Penelope,” Emily greeted her with a smile setting the cups and scones down on the tabled next to the door.

She turned around petting her forehead in order to hide the cut on her forehead.

“Hey,” She replied.

Emily opened the bag and pulled out a scone and reached out to Penelope, “Scone,” She asked.

“Sure,” Penelope said smiling as she grabbed the scone from Emily and took a bite.

Emily walked over to Penelope and set down the cup of coffee next to the computer. “Three sugars and lots of cream,” Penelope asked putting the cup to her lips.

“Yes Pen, three sugars and lots of cream. Just the way you love it,” Emily says with a laugh.

She took a long sip of her coffee and smiled setting down the cup and turned back to look at the screen. Emily walked towards the door and then turned around leaning against the door.

“Are you okay,” Emily asked.

“A-ahm,” Penelope suddenly stopped typing and sighed softly, “I-I-I’m fine,” She answered turning around to face her.

Emily bit her lower lip and said, “Are you sure,” She asked as Penelope took another bite of her scone.

“Yes,” She replied.

“You don’t seem like your self Pen,” Emily said opening the door slightly.

Penelope frowned slightly, “You’re not gonna mention the cut on my forehead,” She asked Emily frowning.

Emily looked at her forehead and noticed the cut behind Penelope’s hair, “What happened,” She asked worried.

Penelope sighed frowning. “Like I told Morgan, I ran into the door this morning,” She lied.

“You ran into a door,” Emily asked in a unbelieving tone.

“Yeah, a door,” Penelope said as she ran her fingers across the cut.

Emily frowned and walked towards Penelope. “You couldn’t have ran into a door Garcia,”

Penelope frowned at the question and stood up as she said, “What do you know Emily,” She snapped.

“Running into a door wouldn’t leave a cut like that, and you know that,” Emily retorted with a sigh.

“Yes it would,” Penelope breathed as she stood up and walked past Emily and ran down the stairs. She made her way out of the BAU and outside. Penelope was in tears as she walked through the doors. She felt so betrayed, lost in her own world.

Penelope looked up at the sky and watched as the birds flying across the sky. She wondered why is everyone not believing her that Mike wouldn’t hurt her on purpose. Mike was the first man that actually gave a damn about her, show her for what she was. Penelope wiped away tears as they rolled down her cheeks.

She jumped as her phone become to ring in her jacket packet. “Garcia,” She answered clearing her throat. Penelope smiled slightly as she reorganized his voice. It was Hotchner on the other side. She was glad it wasn’t Morgan or Emily.

“Where are you,” Hotchner asked.

Penelope took a deep breath and answered, “I’m outside taking a break,”

“A break,” He asked with a hint of question in his voice.

She cleared her throat again before she answered to his question. “Yes a break sir,”

Hotchner caught a hint of worry and pain in Penelope’s voice. He began to wonder what was going on because she almost never takes breaks like this.

“Are you okay Penelope,” He asked.

A gasp caught in Penelope’s throat as Hotchner asked her if she was okay. Penelope knew that she wasn’t okay and that three people probably already knew the truth.

“I-I-I’m okay sir,” She lied.

“You know you can talk to me about anything,” Hotchner said trying to reassure her.

Penelope frown slightly, “Yes,” She began to walk towards the BAU again, “Thank you,” She said as she made her way through the door and to the elevators.

She was terrified to walk into the area where the team was. Penelope really didn’t have the strength to deal with Morgan and Emily right now. She was weakened by the physical and mental grief. All she wanted was for all this to go away and go back to Mike and to pretend like this never happened.

When Penelope walked through the door Morgan rushed over to her and stopped her from avoiding him as she made her way back to her room.

“Hey baby,” Morgan greeted her as he pulled her into a tight hug.

At first Penelope was too happy with the hug but didn’t reject the hug. She felt safe in his arms as he just held her there for what seemed like years. Penelope wanted to cry but she kept herself from crying because she didn’t want to start up drama and have to deal with it.

“Are you okay,” He asked as she put her head on his shoulder.

Penelope sighed slightly, “At the moment yes,” She said as Morgan rubbed her back.

“He's leading you blind, hun,” Morgan whispered into her ear.

Penelope frowned and lifted her head off his shoulder, “Blind,” She asked as she pulled away from his embrace.

“Garcia, he hit you. Mike isn’t in love with you the way you think that he is,” He said reaching towards her.

“Mike loves me,” Penelope snapped pushing him away as he attempted to pull her back into a hug.

“Baby no he doesn’t,” Morgan said folding his arms across his chest.

Penelope sighed frowning as she realized that it wasn’t worth it to fight over this with Morgan right now.

“Whatever you say,” She said with despair. Penelope felt tears burning in her eyes as she watched Morgan return to his desk and start on the case. With a deep breath Penelope made her way towards her room.
Chapter 3- Fighting inner demons by The Black Horse
Two months later…

Penelope managed to feel comfortable around Morgan again since the day they had a fight. She started to smile and flirt with Morgan, she was beginning to feel like herself again.

Penelope walked into the BAU with her usual spring in her step. Morgan noticed her and walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.

“Oh,” She giggled as Morgan embraced her, “Hey Sugar,” She said hugging him abit tighter. Penelope felt loved for the first time in months.

“I’m glad to hear you’re back to your old self baby,” Morgan told her as she kissed his cheek and said, “Of course honey.”

After another minute they pulled apart and went their separate ways. Penelope couldn’t help but to smile as she thought about Morgan the rest of the day.

That night before she left she heard a knock on the door of her room. “Come in,” She said getting her purse ready.

Morgan walked in and leaned against the wall. “Hey baby girl,”

Penelope turned around and smiled at him and said, “Came to check up on me,” She giggled slightly as he frowned slightly.

“Relax bebe, I was just joking,” She said walking up to him and caressing his cheek. Morgan grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to him and pressed his lips against hers. Penelope’s eyes widened then softened as the kiss deepened. “Morgan,” She breathed.

“Hmm,” Morgan asked as he pushed her against the wall.

“We shouldn’t kiss like this,” She said braking the kiss.

“Why,” He asked with Penelope still in his embrace.

Penelope sighed with disappointment because she really loved to feel his lips against hers but she knew friends shouldn’t kiss like that plus she had a boyfriend.

“Morgan, we are friends,” She told him regretfully.

Morgan smiled laughing, “Friends can kiss,” He said kissing her quickly.

Penelope smiled back at him and gently ran her fingers across his lips. She wanted him, she wanted to feel his body against hers, to be able move as one.

“Sugar, it isn’t as simple as it sounds,” She said with a sigh leaning her head on his shoulder.

“Baby, it does have to be simple,” Morgan said rubbing her back as he smelled the flowery scent of her shampoo.

“I know,” Penelope answered smiling.

“Good,” He said kissing her on the top of her head.

She pulled away from him slightly so that Morgan’s hands where resting on her shoulders about a arm’s length away. Penelope gazed into his dark chocolate brown eyes and said, “That kiss felt so cosmic.”

Morgan smiled lowering his hands to her hips and pulling her closer to his body. “I can give you so much more then he will ever.”

Her body became real stiff and she became real co comfortable as he told her that he can give her much more then Mike can ever give to her.

“I-I-I don’t know,” She sighed and pulled away and walked out the door. Morgan followed her as she made her way down the stairs. Penelope felt like she was paralyzed, she was torn both ways, she was in love with Mike but at the same time she was very much in love with her long time best friend.

“Tell me, baby what’s the matter,” Morgan asked as she was about to step into the elevator.

“Sugar, only god knows what’s the matter with me,” Penelope replied wanting to fall into his arms and admit that she was in love with him.

He gave her a puzzled look as she stepped into the elevator. “Baby,” Morgan breathed as the door started to close. Penelope sighed and answered quickly before the door closed completely, “I’m sorry.”

Later that night…

1:20 pm

“Where the hell have you been,” Mike barked at her as she walked through the door of their apartment.

“Work,” She said setting her purse on the table next to the front door.

“At one twenty in the morning,” He asked standing up and walking towards Penelope.

“Yes baby,” She answered.

“Don’t fuck’n baby me,” Mike snapped as he slapped her so hard that Penelope gasped out loud.

“Mike,” She breathed trying to apologize as he walked into the kitchen.

She leaned against the wall in the kitchen as Mike looked at her and the expression on his face wasn’t pleasant.

He walked up to her and push her towards the stove, “Dinner,” He barked.

“Where is my fucking dinner,” Mike barked at her as she rushed over to the freezer to get the meal that Mike always loved to eat.

Penelope quickly made his dinner and set up the table the way he like. Before he set down he walked up to her and slapped her hard across her face saying, “If you forget my dinner again I won’t let you get off that easy,”

“I’m sorry. Next time dinner will be ready,” She said fighting back tears.

“Yeah, yeah,” He said dismissing her with a wave of his hand, “Get out of my site,”

Penelope ran to their room shutting the door and collapsed onto the bed in tears. She lay there weeping for a while as Mike was finishing his meal in the kitchen.

After about an hour Mike walked into their room and found her fast asleep on the bed.

“Penelope,” He snapped hitting her in the back. She woke up with a start and rolled over onto her back.

“Mike,” She asked looking up at him.

Mike rolled his eyes at her and started to undress. She set up and looked at him wondering what got into him. Mike never hit her before or cursed at her as much as he has for the past week.

“Do you love me,” She asked looking at him.

The question caught him off guard. Mike turned around and frowned at her with anger building against his chest.

“Why would you ask me such a stupid and mindless question,” He asked crossing his arms across his muscular chest.

Penelope rolled over onto her stomach as she answered, “Because you have been acting really strange lately,”

Mike frowned at her as he asked, “Define strange,” his tone became more rigid.

“When we first met you were such a gentlemen, and now you’re a jerk,” She said as Mike groaned.

“You’re mistaken,” He snapped.

“No I am not, and you know I am right,” She snapped back at him and sat up.

“The fuck you are bitch,” Mike barked.

“What the hell got into you Mike,” Penelope fired back frowning.

Suddenly she was pushed onto her back as Mike pinned her wrists to the mattress. He jammed his knees on either side of her legs to keep her from moving around underneath him.

“I’m a man and I can do what the hell I want,” Mike yelled as he started beating the crap out of her.

“Stop, stop” Penelope cried as she managed to fight him off just enough to let out a scream.

Mike just laughed as he allowed her to free herself from his vice like grip. She clawed at his face and neck as he became to undress her. Penelope screamed but was quickly silenced with a hand over her mouth.

“Shut up,” Mike ordered.

She didn’t listen as she bite his hand and began to scream when he took his hand away. Mike quickly managed to silence her again.

“I told you to shut up,” Mike snapped slapping her across the face.

After about an hour and a half of Mike on top of her beating the life of her, he finally got off and ordered her out of the room.

Penelope struggled towards the door of their room and opened the door looking at mike.

Mike collapsed back into the pillows and without looking at her said, “Out,”

With a sigh she limped over to the coffee tabled and over to her purse on the sofa. Penelope rummaged through her purse and found her cell. She dialed Morgan’s number and waited for the phone to connect her.

“Morgan,” He answered.

“I know it late, but can y-you pick me up,” She asked as her voice cracked.

“Sure baby, I’ll be there soon,” Morgan said as they both hang up at the same time.

Twenty minute later…

Penelope was down stairs in the dark empty lobby of her building waiting for Morgan. She was collapsed in a red silk sofa watching for his car to stop by the entrance of the building. Penelope was hunched over with her face in her hands.

Five minutes later Morgan arrived in front of her building and made his way towards the door. He opened the door and noticed her hunched over in the sofa. Morgan felt suddenly worried as he rushed over to her side.

“Baby,” He asked as she lifted her head slightly.

Morgan’s eyes widened in shock as he show the cuts and bruises all over her face and she had a split lip. Penelope began to cry as Morgan squatted next to her so he can be at her level.

“Oh Morgan, I messed up,” She said in between sobs.

“Baby, everything will be okay,” Morgan told her as he wiped away tears from her cut and bruised up cheeks.

“I-I don’t know,” She breathed as stood up.

Morgan embraced her as he noticed that she was unsteady on her feet. Penelope rested her head on his shoulder as they stood there. She was in so much pain, not physically but mentally as well. She feels betrayed by her our heart. How can she be in love with a man that beats her and treats her like dirt. For some reason she can’t let go of him. Penelope wiped away tears as they rolled down her cheeks.

“Garcia, why did he do this to you,” He asked as Penelope pulled away slightly.

“It’s all my fault,” She said in between sobs.

Morgan pulled her in closer to him as she buried her face into his chest. He kissed her on the top of her head and rubbed her back to sooth her.

“This isn’t your fault baby, it’s not like you asked to be beat up,” Morgan tried to reassure her.

“It is, you see I was asking for it,” Penelope said weakly as she pulled away from him. She took a few steps gingerly towards the door as her knees buckled and her feet gave out from underneath her and she collapsed. Morgan rushed over to her side as she admitted to stand up again.
“Pen don’t try to stand,” He told her as he quickly picked her up in to his arms.

“I feel s-so weak,” She breath leaning her head against his shoulder as Morgan carried her to his car.

“Baby, I’ll take care of you,” Morgan whispered into her ear as he opened the door and gentle put her into the passenger seat and closed the door as Penelope groaned in pain as she shifted slightly in the seat.

She smiled weakly at Morgan as he climbed into the driver’s seat and started the ignition. He drove to this apartment and parked his car in his spot and quickly walked around to the passenger side and opened the door and before helping her out he looked at her. Penelope looked up at him and said, “I’m sorry,”

Morgan wrapped her arm around his shoulders and helped her stand up as he asked, “For what?”

“For putting you through this, dragging you into this mess,” She said weakly as he decided that carrying her up the stairs to his apartment would be best.

“I don’t mind baby,” Morgan replied as he opened the door and walked into his apartment.

“But,” Penelope said as she fainted.

Morgan looked down at her and noticed that she has fainted in his arms. He made his way to his bedroom and laid her in his bed and covered her with the covers. He went over to the kitchen and grabbed his first aid kit, bowl with water, cloth and returned to his room and opened the box. Morgan dipped the cloth into the cool water and ringed out the water till the cloth was damp and gentle washed the dry blood off her face. After washing off the dry blood he tended to her open cuts. Morgan made sure that all of the cuts weren’t too deep and when he was sure he gently spread Neosporin over her open cuts.

After tending to her wounds and bruises he returned to his kitchen and put away his first aid kit and bowl in the sink. Morgan walked onto his room and turned off the lights and walked into the living room and laid down on his sofa till he fall asleep.
Chapter 4- Matters of the heart by The Black Horse
Penelope woke up with a start and winced as she felt all her cuts and bruises throbbing hard. She looked around the dark room and wondered where she was. Last night events are as dim and blurred as her soul right now. Penelope groans as she sits up and rubes her forehead gently.

She looked at the clock on the tabled next to the bed. It read 6:20am in red piercing numbers. With a sigh she scoots to the edge of the bed and swings her legs over the edge. Her mind was racing with thoughts of what happened last time, what had happened, why is Mike doing this to her and why has he changed?

With a full brain of paralyzing thoughts she stood up and lost her footing as she admitted to make her way over to the light switch. Penelope groaned as she sat up and messaged her ankle gently.

Morgan woke up at the sound of her falling to the floor in his room. He throw his legs over the edge of his sofa and ran over to his room and swung open his door.

“Baby girl, are you okay,” He asked rushing over to her side.

Penelope looked up at Morgan and smiled as he reached his hand out to help her up from the floor. She leaned against his chest as he embraced her.

“What happened last night,” She asked looking up at him.

“Mike attacked you,” Morgan told her as she felt tears start to swell up in her eyes.

“Was I raped,” She asked in a whisper.
Morgan embraced her tighter as tears started to pure down her cheeks. Her tears socked into Morgan’s shirts as Penelope put her face against his shoulder.

Morgan rubbed her back as he replied, “No, he just beat you up,”

With a sigh of relieve she exhaled the breath she held for the five seconds before Morgan answered her. Penelope continued to cry on his shoulder after the great news that Mike hadn’t raped her that night.

“Thank god,” She breathed against his shoulder.

“Yes, baby, thank god,” Morgan repeated as he kissed her forehead when she looked up into his chocolate brown eyes.

“Oh Morgan, what am I gonna do,” She asked wiping tears away from her eyes and cheeks.

“Lets take things one step at a time baby girl,” He told her as she leaned her head against Morgan’s shoulder.

“What do you mean,” Penelope asked hugging Morgan tighter as he rubbed her back gently.

“First of all, Garcia you’re staying at my apartment,” Morgan told her firmly as she pulled away slight still in his arms and looked at him.

“Morgan I can’t,” She said as she pulled away completely saying, “I can’t just stay with you,” Penelope crossed her arms across her chest.

“You’ll be saver with me then you would ever be with him,” Morgan said as she sat on his bed.

“But Mike loves me,” Penelope uttered in a slight whisper as she felt all of her cuts and bruises begin to throb harder from the pending argument that she assumed that was starting.

“Garcia you can’t believe that,” He said sitting next to her on his bed.

Penelope frowned looking at him as she adjusted her glasses nervously with her hands shaking slightly as she said, “Yes I do. He loves me, everyone gets angry sometimes,” Penelope felt a nut growing in the pit of her stomach as she knew that was some how wrong.

“And beating the crap out of you is his way of loving you,” Morgan asked frowning.

She sighed as she felt tears welling up in her eyes again as she said, “Mike’s all I have,”

“I understand, but Mike doesn’t love you back,” He said as she began to cry at what Morgan said because she knew that what he said was true.

“Oh baby. Don’t cry, I didn’t mean to make you cry,” He said grabbing her into his embrace. At first she wanted to push Morgan away but she was too tired and Penelope knew that he meant well.

“I know you didn’t,” She breathed as Morgan kissed the top of her head as he asked, “You know I love you Penelope Garcia,”

Penelope smiled against his chest as she replied, “Yes,”

Morgan smiled and hugged her tighter as he said, “Good,”

Penelope looked at the clock and frowned at it as she said, “We gonna be late,”

Morgan looked at the clock as she pulled away and stood up and headed towards the door with Morgan at her heels.

“You can’t go to work like this,” He said.

Penelope groaned as she rubbed her face gently feeling all her cuts and bruises all over her face. Morgan sat her down on the couch as she tried to convince him that she was okay and that she could use her cover up to conceal the cuts and bruises on her face. But after a few minutes of trying to convince him, with a sigh she said that she wouldn’t go to work.

Morgan smiled and said, “Good,”

She just smiled at him and retreated to Morgan’s room and laid down on his bed with a couple of magazines that where neatly laid out on the night stand next to the door.

Morgan walked into his room and sat on the edge of his bed. Penelope sat up and looked at Morgan and asked, “When can I go to work,”

“When you are all healed and I am sure your okay,” Morgan told her with a smile.

Penelope sighed and said, “But I am okay really and for the cuts and bruises I can use cover up,”

“Cover up can only go so far,” He said as she stood up and grabbed her purse and started to rummage through it looking for her cover up.

“I’ll die from boredom here,” She told him as she opened the bottle and walked over to his bathroom and started to apply the cover up to her face.

“Baby girl you can’t just put cover up on your face and pretend this didn’t happen,” He told Penelope as she was finishing applying the cover up to her face.

She set down the bottle and looked at him with a slight frown. Penelope felt a bit hurt by what Morgan said to her. She really wanted to be able to go back to work and forget about what happened and to deny the whole situation at hand.

“Don’t baby girl me Derek,” She said frowning.

“You know I’m right,” He said trying to make her understand.

Penelope sighed as she replied, “I know,”
Morgan really wanted to be able to make her feel better and to get her to be able to figure out the matters of her heart. She is his best friend and the only person that really completes him. Ever since they first really talked Morgan felt his heart and his stomach jump. Sometimes it is hard to breath when he looks at her or talks to her.

“Sometimes pretending is all I have left,” She said putting her hair up in a ponytail and tied a ribbon around the scratchy.

Morgan smiled at her and helped her find pick out a jacket to go over her white tank with two big gold butterflies on the front of it.

“Thank you,” She said with a smile as he hanged her a black satin jacket.

Penelope quickly put on the jacket and started for the door saying, “Come on,”

With a smile Morgan walked up to her and said, “Okay,” she smiled as he opened the door and let her go through the door first and after he got through the door himself he locked his apartment and they both made their way towards his car.

When they made it to the BAU Penelope quickly made her way upstairs so no one could see her face. She felt like all of the cuts and bruises were visible even through three layers of cover up and blush.

Penelope sat in her rolling chair in front of the computer and started to organize her fuzzy sparkly pens in a row by the mouse pad and a small plush bear she put on top of the computer. She set her purse next to the table near the her laptop.

Her heart was beating hard against her chest as she sat there waiting for Hotchner to call in a new case. She started to tap one of her fuzzy sparkly pens against the table anxiously. I’m okay, I’m okay. Penelope kept repeating to herself in her head.

Penelope jumped as her computer made a loud ding, ding, ding. She quickly clicked on the open button.

“Good morning sir,” She greeted as his face appeared on the screen.

“Good morning Penelope,” He answered with a slight smile as he said, “We have a case and I need you to run a few names for me,”

“Oh. Okay just send me over the names,” She said opening another window to start up the search when she gets the list from Hotchner.

As soon as she got the names Penelope started to run the few names of people that Agent Hotchner has asked her to.

Agent Hotchner was standing in front of the board with pictures of victims taped to it. Morgan, Prentiss and Reid were sitting at their desk and JJ was standing on the other side of Hotchner. Rossi was leaning against the railing of the stairs.
This story archived at https://criminal-minds-fiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=300