Login

Nightmares by Pari



It had been the fourth ring that woke him from his peaceful sleep. He instinctively shot his eyes to the alarm clock that sat atop his bedside table. It read 3am. He then focused on the cell phone sitting next to the alarm clock, which continued to ring and vibrate on the table. He growled as he yanked up the phone, readying to tear into whoever was on the other line, until he read the caller ID. He was now fully awake and quickly sat fully upright; as he flipped open the phone. “Hey baby girl, whatcha doing up this late. Something wrong?” Morgan asked his voice full of concern.

“Morgan?” Penelope Garcia spoke as her heart sang for joy. “I’m sorry for waking you up.”

“Don’t worry about that, what’s going on mama?”

“Uhm…I need your help. I was in a little accident….” Morgan quickly hopped from his bed, already rushing to his dresser to grab something to put on.

“Are you ok, where are you?”

“Yeah I’m fine, I’m fine.” She replied nervously.

“You don’t sound fine, where are you?”

“I’m fine just a little shaken and spooked. You know ‘Old 30’ road?”

“Yeah, it’s that abandoned road about 10 miles on the outskirts of town, what in the world are you doing way out there?” He asked as he snatched a jacket and grabbed his keys on the way out the door.

“I like to come out here sometimes to clear my head, it’s peaceful. This time my tire blew out and I tried to fix it myself, but I didn’t know it was so hard and before I knew it, it was dark.”

“And you waited until 3am to call me?” Morgan chastised as he disarmed the alarm on his car and hopped in.

“Uh, sorry I couldn’t find a signal. I walked and walked until I finally got one. Now my battery’s almost dead. Morgan I’m really scared.” She said and he could hear it in her voice.

“I’m already on my way baby girl, don’t you worry. ‘Old 30’ is one long stretch of road, about how far down are you?”

“I’m not sure I’ve found this old abandoned barn.”

“I know it, you stay put and I’ll be there before you know it.”

“OK, please hurry. Bye.” With that Garcia closed her phone and then slowly turned to the man standing behind her aiming a gun at her head. “He’s coming.”

“Good, that was very good. Now we just wait. Once Derek arrives then the party can begin.” The man said with a smile as he stroked his free hand against Garcia’s hair.