Login

Nightmares by Pari



She had been the first to awaken and she turned her head a bit to peer at the alarm clock on the bedside table. She squinted slightly and blinked a few times trying to adjust her vision. She became fully awake as she read the time and saw how late it was getting, she then tried to get up from the bed but found it impossible. She turned to her look over her shoulder and found the most beautiful man she had ever laid eyes on snuggled up against her back with his arm possessive clutching her around her waist. She slowly lifted his arm, hoping to extract herself form his bed without waking him. It took her a good 10 minutes to accomplish her feat and another 5 to find her clothes, dress, and then rush out of the apartment.




She heard the knock at the door and inwardly groaned as she turned. She threw out a slight sigh and a plastered on smile in greeting, which quickly turned to a genuine smile at seeing that the person standing in her office door was ‘not’ the person she was expecting to see.

“Ok now I know something’s up. I thought something might be wrong with the way you rushed in, and now you’re sitting there looking relieved to see ‘me’ standing here.” J.J. Spoke from her spot in the doorway.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m always ‘happy’ to see you, you’re one of my dearest friends.” Garcia stated as she relaxed a bit more in her seat.

“And you’re one of mine, but you do look relieved to see me and not someone else, like say ‘Morgan’.” At hearing his name, the name of the man she had been avoiding all day, Garcia’s face turned beet red. “He came in a couple hours ago and asked about you, he also told us what happened to you two, did something more happen? Are you ok?”

“Yeah I’m fine and yeah something else happened.” Garcia confessed and J.J closed the office door and moved further into the room.

“You wanna talk about it?”

“Yes! God my dying to talk about it but the person I usually would talk about it with I can’t talk about it to.”

“You mean Morgan?” J.J asked trying to follow Garcia’s babbles.

“Yes,” Garcia answered and then grew silent.

“OK, so what happened between you and Morgan did you two have a fight?” Garcia simply shook her head.

“No, we slept together.” She suddenly blurted out and J.J’s eyes nearly bulged out of her head.

“Slept together?” J.J repeated with a knowing smile on her face. “As in slept in the same bed together or…”

“As in making love until we both collapsed from exhaustion.” Garcia stated.

“Whoa,” J.J said through a chuckle.

“I know crazy, right?”

“No, I’d say it’s about time.” J.J said as she took a seat in a nearby chair. “The way you guys carry on it’s clear you have some serious sexual tension going on.”

“What?” Garcia chuckle, not believing what she was hearing.

“Oh come on you’ve never noticed how Morgan behaves around you.”

“I always thought he was just being nice to the pleasantly plump girl.” Garcia answered honestly.

“Oh stop that, you’re beautiful. Besides it was obvious to everyone that Morgan got jealous over Kevin Lynch.”

“Oh my God!” Garcia exclaimed as she leaped from her chair. “Kevin.”

“What about him?”

“Well we’re still a ‘we’ and I slept with Morgan. I’ve cheated on my boyfriend.”

“Oh,” J.J said sympathetically and then they both fell silent for a moment before J.J spoke again. “So was it good?” She asked with a sly smile, which Garcia instantly matched with one of her own.

“It was ‘amazing’,” Garcia gushed as she plopped back down in her chair, and twirled fully around. “Morgan was so tender and sweet and hung like a stallion.” They both giggled. “I’m not kidding, you know how he walks around all ‘cocky’. Well it’s not an act.” They both fell into another fit of giggles just as a knock came at the door, which opened and they found the person they had been talking about standing before them.

“Hey,” Morgan said coyly as he looked from Garcia to J.J.

“Hey,” Garcia replied as she looked at him like she’d been caught doing something she wasn’t supposed to be doing.

“Can we talk?” He asked as he burrowed his brows. Garcia instantly grew nervous about what he might want to discuss. Her mind quickly began preparing itself for rejection, though her heart didn’t think it could bear it.

“Uh…”

“I’ll talk to you later,” J.J said as she stood and headed to the door, and Morgan stepped aside to let her out. She threw Garcia an encouraging smile before she exited the room, closing the door behind her. Garcia decided to speak first and give Morgan an ‘easy out’, which she was sure was the reason he had come to talk to her.

“Look about last night…mmmmm,” Her words were cut off as Morgan lunged at her, and crushed his mouth to hers. It took her mind a few seconds to register what was happening, but when it finally did she melted against him and into the kiss. Before things got too heavy Morgan pulled back a bit.

“Where did you disappear to? I woke up and found you gone.” He said as he leaned down and kissed her collarbone.

“Sorry,” She apologized. “I just thought…I don’t know, that maybe you might not think things looked so good in the light of day.”

“What did I tell you about that. I thought after last night on the couch, the bed, and the floor you would have no doubts about how I feel and what I want. But hey if you need more convincing…” He let the sentence hang there as he leaned back in and captured her lips again. They were so engrossed in each other they hadn’t notice the small knock on the door, nor that someone had entered the tiny office.

“Penelope?” A male voice spoke out and startled the two lovers, who jumped apart.

“Kevin,” Garcia gasped out in shock and her heart sank as she took in the devastated look on his face.

“I was worried about you because I couldn’t reach you on your cell and you weren’t at your apartment, ‘all night’. I know because I slept outside in my car, waiting for you.” Kevin seemed to babble off. “But I see I didn’t need to worry, looks like you’re in good hands.” He directed this to Morgan, who stood looking at Kevin with disinterest and indifference.

“That’s right she was,” Morgan replied almost callously and Garcia shot him a stunned look.

“Derek!” She exclaimed her lips slightly trembling as she fought to hold in tears that threatened to fall. Morgan’s Macho stance quickly retreated once he noticed just how upset Garcia was.

“Baby girl, I’m sorry,” He took a step towards her and she in turned took a step back.

“No, just leave,” She said and he looked as if he had been slapped across the face. “Please, I need to talk to Kevin.” She said in a softer tone as she looked at him with sad and pitiful eyes. With a heavy sigh Morgan dropped his head a bit and nodded his understandings. He moved to the open door and right up into Kevin’s face, causing Kevin to cower back to allow him to exit. Morgan stared Kevin down while Kevin simply stared at the floor. Before he left Morgan turned back to Garcia.

“I’ll see you later.” He stated not needing a reply. He then shot Kevin another look before he disappeared around the corner.