Login

Nightmares by Pari



She had thought things would go differently, that she would feel differently, that she would feel nothing at all. She just kept telling herself it was nothing, that it didn’t matter, but as she lay there upon her back, crying as she stared up at the fluorescent lighting above her, she knew she had been lying to herself. A small part of her wanted to get up and run. A small voice in her head telling her that there was a chance that it wasn’t Kevin’s baby, that it was Derek’s. Even still the thought of it being Morgan’s was just as terrifying, due to the fear of rejection. She recalled a conversation that she and Morgan had once had about ‘children’ where he’d said he didn’t think he’d make a good father due to the abuse he had experience when he was a child. He had felt that somehow that had damaged him. She hadn’t understood his logic, but she hadn’t pushed the subject, just respected his decision, and it was that thought that had made her continue with the abortion. Afterwards she had just lain there, balled up, crying as J.J. sat with her, consoling her. Six hours later found them on the jet heading back to Quantico. Garcia had sat quietly, staring out the window as J.J. sat across from her, watching her.

“Hey,” J.J. called to her softly and Garcia put on a brave smile as she looked at her friend. “I know that this is probably the last thing in the world you want to talk about, but…”

“I’ll do it, I’ll press charges.” Garcia said already knowing what J.J. was going to say. “But I don’t think it will matter, it’s been weeks since it happened.”

“Garcia there are no statute of limitations for rape in Virginia,”

“No, that’s not what I meant. I meant there’s no evidence it’s gonna be my word against his, and the fact that I cheated on him…”

“Has no relevence, he should pay for what he did, for what he’s put you through.”

“I know, I know. So I’m gonna press charges and I’ll testify.” Garcia said as she threw out another brave smile, even though inside she was terrified at the thought of telling others about what had happened to her.




She had gotten everyone’s attention when she walked through the bullpen with a couple of sheriff deputies, so much so that Morgan, Prentiss, Reid, and Hotchner followed their trek. When they got to the cubicle that housed their perp, J.J. stepped aside as the deputies moved in, yanking up the startled man.

“Kevin Lynch, we’re placing you under arrest for the rape of Penelope Garica. Turn around and place your hands on your head.” One of the deputies said as three of the bystanders looked on stunned and another looked enraged.

“He did what?” Morgan asked as he watched one of the deputies read Kevin his rights, while the other one began cuffing him. Before anyone could react Morgan had charged and started punching and then stomping on Kevin, once he had fallen to the floor. It took Hotchner, Reid and one of the deputies to pull Morgan off of Kevin who lied still upon the floor, bloody and semi-conscious. “I’m gonna kill you you son-of-a-bitch!” Morgan roared still trying to get to Kevin, as Hotchner restrained him in a choke hold. He continued to struggle in the hold as Kevin was escorted from the office space.

“Morgan, this is not helping. Garcia wouldn’t want you going to jail over this.” Hotchner reasoned and Morgan calmed himself enough that Hotchner released him. Morgan moved away to a nearby wall and punched it with all his might, and then raked his hands over his head in frustration. J.J. moved to him and placed a hand on his back. He turned to her with tear filled eyes.

“Where is she J.J?” He asked in a pleading tone.

“The Sheradon, we couldn’t go back to her place, it’s being processed. That’s where ‘it’ happened.” Morgan closed hs eyes to the thought, allowing the tears to spill out. “Here,” She placed a key into his hands. “She’s expecting me, but I think right now she needs you.” Morgan quickly sniffed back the tears as he wiped at his face, he then turned and ran out.




He had been sitting on the floor beside the couch for nearly three hours, just watching her sleep. When she began to stir he leaned in and stroked her face with the back of his hand. The feel of someone touching her face caused her to bolt upright and cower back a bit as her eyes adjusted.

“Hey, I’m sorry. It’s just me.” He spoke softly, gently and he moved back a bit and held up his hand. She looked around as if she were looking for someone else to be there. “J.J. gave me the key, said I should come, but hey if you don’t want me here I can leave.” He offered.

“Don’t be silly, stay. I’ve missed you.” She said honestly with a small smile, even though she couldn’t look at him for very long. In fact she looked everywhere except at him.

“I’m so sorry baby girl,” He began but she cut him off.

“Please don’t, I’m trying to deal with the fact that everyone will know, but if you do that…look at me like ‘that’ and treat me like I’m different. I don’t think I could bear that, not from you.”

“Alright, Princess, then you don’t mind if I hold you?” He asked still looking unsure. She smiled at him kindly and then moved over a bit and patted the vacant space on the large sofa. He settled in and she moved and nestled against him. She had imaged that this would feel awkward, scary even, being this close to him once again. But her reconnection with Morgan had made her feel safe and loved. She sighed in relief as she snuggled closer to him, closing her eyes. A smile played on her lips when she felt him kiss her forehead.