Login

The Witness by Pari



“It’s instinctual,” Reid threw out as he, J.J., and Prentiss stood near the doorway of the small office watching Morgan, who sat staring at the many monitors. Morgan swirled in the chair at realizing he had company. “Whenever we have something that needs to be researched, we always come to Garcia.”

“Yeah, and she’d be able to hack into the WPP files in a heartbeat. What the hell are we suppose to do now?” Prentiss asked.

“She’s the best at what she does it’s going to be impossible to find someone to fill in for her.” J.J. stated.

“No one can, that’s why we have to help her,” Morgan said. “We have to find Ruiz first and get him back into custody, and then Garcia can come home.”

“That may not be true Morgan if Ruiz has the power to orchestrate a prison break, while he’s still in prison then he can put a hit out on Garcia too.” J.J. said playing devil’s advocate for a moment.

“Naw, if that were the case he’d have done that already. What I’ve read about Ruiz he’s hands on, he wouldn’t be satisfied having someone doing a hit for him. He doesn’t want Garcia dead, he wants to kill her.” Morgan replied.

“What about that guy Garcia’s been seeing,” Reid blurted out and the others simply stared at him in confusion. “Uhm…Lurch? You know that guy that stood in for Garcia after she was shot last year.

“Lynch,” Prentiss corrected and Reid nodded. “Yeah he’s pretty good, at least according to Garcia.”

“Good enough to hack into WPP files? He’d be committing several felonies, how would we convince him to do it?” Morgan asked.

“Tell him the truth, I’ve seen him and Garcia together he genuinely adores her. I think he’d do it without hesitation for her.” J.J. said.

“I’ll call personnel and see if we can get him sent down here.” Morgan stated as he reached for his cell clipped to his hip. “What the hell…” He mumbled when he found that his phone was gone. He took a few seconds to mentally back tracking his movements in the hopes of discovering where he may have misplaced the bureau issued cell phone. He suddenly leaped from his seat. “One of you let me hold your cell phone, please, I’ve misplaced mine.” He said holding out his hand toward Reid, who reluctantly pulled out his cell.

“Please don’t misplace mine, they take it out of your pay when you lose these phones. “ Reid said as he handed Morgan his cell.

“Thanks man,” Morgan rushed from the room, and then stopped abruptly and turned back to where the others stood. “J.J. could you call and get Lynch sent down, you’ve got more pull in the department than I do. I’ll be right back I just have to make an important call.”

“Sure,” J.J. said as she pulled out her own phone and began dialing.


He rushed up to the rooftop of the building because he knew it had the best reception and he figured no one would be up there and he could have some privacy. He quickly started dialing the familiar number, but just as quickly flipped the phone closed again. He opened the phone again but this time began a text message. After it was sent he waited for what felt like an eternity before the phone he held dinged and shook letting him know that he had gotten a text message. He read the message:

‘Just made a bathroom stop I’ll call you as soon as I’m alone.’

Morgan closed the phone with a smile on his lips, “That’s my girl.” Within seconds it was ringing and he flipped it open. “Babygirl?”

“Yeah it’s me.” She replied in a hushed voice. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell any of you about my past and Manuel Ruiz, and…”

“It’s not important, besides Hotch filled us all in. What is important is catching Ruiz so you can come home.” Morgan said.

“Morgan, even if we catch him I can’t come back,” She said. “That’s not the way the program works.”

“We’ll find a way, you can leave the program. I mean they can’t make you stay in protective custody if you don’t want to, right?”

“But I do, I can’t risk him hurting anyone I care about to get to me. Being around me puts each of you in danger. I couldn’t stand it if something happened to you because of me.”

“Let us worry about that, once Ruiz is back behind bars there’s no reason to think you’d still be in danger. I mean he doesn’t know where you are, right? Those Marshalls took you to insure your safety before Ruiz comes looking for you. Now all we have to do is find Ruiz before he finds you. Unfortunately we’re at a disadvantage.”

“How so?” Garcia asked as she cracked the stall door and peeked out to make sure none of the Marshall had come in looking for her.

“We don’t have the genius that is you helping us track down Ruiz, but we’re getting Lynch to help out.”

“Kevin? No don’t get him involved in this too.”

“You yourself stated how good he was, that he’s almost as good a hacker as you, right?”

“Let’s not get delusional. He’s good, but I’m omnificent.” She said as she smiled into the phone, as Morgan smiled into his. “No one could ever satisfy you the way that I can.” She threw in for good measure.

“Oh I have no doubt sweetness, which is why I have to get you back here safe and sound. I don’t know what I would do with out you Penelope.” He said and she could tell by him using her first name that he was being serious. “So tell me where you are so I can come get you.”

“What? No you can’t. besides I have no idea where we are or where we’re heaed” Garcia said even though her heart swelled at the idea that her chocolate knight in white armor would ride up on his steed and whisk her away.

“Why can’t I, you keep that phone turned on and I’ll be able to track you. I’ll come get you, sneak you out, and hide you until this is all over. The only way we’ll find Ruiz is with your help babygirl.” Morgan replied in a pleading tone.

“If they catch you trying to sneak me out they could shoot you.” Garcia stated as she pulled at her bottom lip nervously.

“Then we better not get caught. Are you with me?”

“Like you even have to ask,” She said with a sigh.

“Penny?” Morgan heard Boyle’s voice calling for Garcia through the phone.

“Uh, I’m almost finished.” Garcia called back and then the line went silent for a few seconds while she made sure Boyle had left the bathroom and she was alone once again. “Derek I have to go now.”

“I know, you just keep the phone on but turn the volume off, just keep it on vibrate. If I need to talk to you I’ll just text you. By the way where did you learn to be such a skilled pickpocket, I didn’t even feel you take my phone.” Morgan asked again smiling into the phone.

“Oh an artist never gives away their secrets my hotness. Ok I gotta go now.” He heard the click before he could respond.