Login

The Witness by Pari



Chapter Notes: Sorry for the long delay :)
“Where are you going?” She asked groggily as she opened her eyes to find Morgan by the door.

“I was trying not to wake you up. I noticed a payphone a block over. I’m gonna go call Reid, check in to see if they got news about Ruiz and us. I’ll be right back. You go back to sleep.” He said and then hurried out.




“Hey Reid I was hoping to catch you before…”

“Hey Morgan,” Reid’s voice suddenly came across the line. “I’m here. Sorry had all my calls go straight to voice mail. It’s pretty crazy here right now.”

“Why what’s going on? Is there any news on Ruiz?”

“Uhm no, we think he’s gone completely underground, making him difficult to track. No, the excitement around here is you and Garcia. Marshall Boyle stormed in this morning, and your name was mentioned.” Reid stated in a hushed tone.

“Damn,” Morgan said through in a frustrated voice. “I thought it would take him a little longer to figure out that it was me who grabbed Garcia.”

“So what are you gonna do?”

“Keep moving, try to stay 2 steps ahead of Boyle and his crew. I’m not letting Garcia out of my sight until Ruiz is caught. I’m gonna head back to the motel, watch out for me I’ll be checking in often for updates.”

“Ok, give Garcia my hellos and you two be careful.” Reid said and then ended the call. Morgan decided that once he got back to the motel he and Garcia would pack up and move on, but first he’d stop at a few shops on the way to purchase them some items.




A smile crossed his face as he neared the room door. He knew Garcia would get a kick out of what he was wearing. He unlocked the door and entered the empty room. He instantly went on alert and pulled his gun. “Garcia?” He called out as he made his way to the closed bathroom door. He knocked but didn’t get a reply and so he began to slowly open it.

“Who the hell are you?” A voice spoke out behind him and he instinctively and swiftly turned still aiming his gun. “Oh God, please don’t shoot me.” Garcia cried out as she dropped the bags she had been carrying, and held her hands up in the air. “You can take whatever you want just please, please don’t shoot me.”

“Hey baby, it’s me.” Morgan spoke out as he quickly reholstered his gun. “It’s just me.”

“Morgan!” Garcia yelped as she placed her hand over her chest, and scowled at the man before her. “What the hell…do you have on your head?” She asked her anger instantly melting into mirth as a smile played on her lips.

“What you don’t like it mon?” He asked in what Garcia thought to be a believable Jamaican accent. Garcia moved closer and reached out to tug on the dreadlocks dangling from the hat Morgan wore, and began to giggle.

“You look good in anything sweetie, but I hope you’re not expecting me the pull that look off.”

“Naw, you remember 2 Halloweens ago you came as a Geisha?” Morgan asked and Garcia simply nodded her head. “Babygirl you are gorgeous as a blonde but you’re smoking hot as a brunette.”

“Oh please don’t tell me you brought me a wig.”

“I did but I also got a couple of boxes of this.” Morgan said as he held out two boxes of Loreal hair dye. “I got the wig in case you didn’t want to go permanent.”

“There’s no such thing as ‘permanent’ hair color. I can always dye it back to my natural color some day.” She replied as she moved to where he was and took the two small boxes from his hands, and then moved towards the bathroom. “Oh I got us some breakfast.” She threw out before she disappeared behind the bathroom door. Morgan removed his dreadlocks hat, tossing it on a nearby chair before he moved to retrieve the discarded bags by the door.




It had taken her 30 minutes to dye her hair and another 10 minutes to dry and style it. She nervously stood in the doorway of the bathroom.

“So what do you think?” She asked as she self consciously touched her head.

“I already told you hot stuff, now come eat before it gets too cold.” Morgan said as he patted the empty space on the bed beside him. Garcia crawled onto the bed beside him and took the tray he held out for her. He waited for her to get settled and start eating before he spoke again. “We’re gonna have to move when night falls.” He said casually and then took a bite of the bacon he had.

“But I thought you said we could stay here a few days.” She replied as she stopped eating and gave him her full attention.

“When I called Reid he said Boyle was there and he was pissed. So I guess it’s safe to say he knows you’re with me.”

“Maybe we should just go back.”

“No way, that’s not an option so long as Ruiz is still out there.”

“I don’t want you getting into trouble or possibly hurt because of me. I couldn’t live with that.”

“And I couldn’t live with you getting hurt and I wasn’t there to prevent it. I can’t go through that again Penelope.” Garcia knew he was referring to her run in with Battle.

“You’re not Superman Morgan, you can’t save the whole entire world Honey.”

“I don’t want to save the whole entire world, He repeated mimicking her which gains a grin from her. “Just my world, which you are the center of,” He confessed causing Garcia’s heart to swell with hope. “Along with my mom and my sisters,” He added and her hopes deflated a little.

“So where we headed?” She asked, digging back into her breakfast.

“We’ll keep heading south. I’m thinking New Orleans.”

“Oh I’ve been there during Mardi Gras, it’s such a place.” Garcia stated growing excited by the thought of seeing the French Quarters again.

“Mardi Gras starts in a couple of days so we can get lost in that, and have some fun to boot.” Morgan said with a smile as he threw her a wink.