Login

For better or worse by little_profiler



Derek frowned a little when he saw his mother and his sisters go into a huddle with JJ and Emily. “Do you know what they’re up to?” he asked Reid who was standing next to him.

“Nope.” Reid replied absentmindedly still fiddling around with his bow tie.

“Where’s Hotch going?” he then wanted to know as he watched his boss heading for the room where Penelope was getting ready. Everything was supposed to be perfect. Only ten minutes to go. His heart pounded like mad and Derek was afraid he might faint once the music started. Calm down, Derek Morgan! You’re not the type of person to be so nervous!

Reid grinned at him: “Don’t worry, everything is just the way it’s supposed to be. JJ made sure of that.”

“You’ve got the rings?” he asked for the fifth time now.

“Yes, I’ve still got them in my pocket. Just like I did three minutes ago when you asked me the last time.” his grin grew just a little wider.

“I’m sorry.” Derek mumbled. “It’s just… if we don’t have the rings…”

“Relax, Morgan!” Reid cut him off and rolled his eyes.

Derek nodded and took a deep breath.

At the same time Aaron Hotchner was taking a deep breath also. JJ had asked him to talk to Penelope because she seemed a little worried and he was the only one of them who had already experienced a wedding. Finally he softly knocked at the door and waited until Penelope invited him in. Slowly he stepped inside and closed the door behind him.

“Sir?” Penelope gave him a questioning look.

“I… um… The music will start in less than ten minutes. Shouldn’t you get ready?”

“I am.” she assured him with a small smile.

Hotch frowned a little. “Do you have doubts about getting married?”

Her head snapped up to look at him. “No!” she quickly replied. Then she let her head drop again and sighed. “It’s just that I… I somehow miss my parents. I’ve never been close to my brothers and I haven’t seen him in quite a while. But I… I wish my parents could be here.”

“I know what you mean.” Hotch smiled and sat down next to her. “I felt the same about my dad when Haley and I got married. And I’m rather sure Derek wants his dad to be here as well.”

“I know.” Penelope nodded. “It’s just… It’s not that I think I’m the only one who has lost her parents and misses them in moments like these but… I…”

Hotch studied her face when she didn’t finish the sentence and softly asked: “You have no one to escort you down the aisle?”

She simply shrugged.

Smiling Hotch stood up and offered her his arm: “Would you mind if I did that?”

Penelope stared at him for at least half a minute before she whispered: “You would do that… for me?”

“It would be a honor.” he assured.

A tear ran down her cheek before Penelope was able to stop it and she quickly wiped it away. Then she took Hotch’s arm just as the music started.

Slowly they both walked down the aisle and Hotch place a gentle kiss on her cheek before he sat down in the second row next to Rossi who smiled at the scene.

Once Derek saw his baby girl in the doorway all his worries and his nervousness were gone. She looked so beautiful. He couldn’t wait to tell her the speech he had prepared, couldn’t wait to place the ring on her finger, to finally kiss her as his wife.

Their eyes held each other during the whole ceremony. The world around them stopped revolving. They didn’t notice the tears in JJ’s and Emily’s eyes nor Spencer grinning from ear to ear.

Derek took both her hands in his and his voice was slightly shaking as he spoke: “In the vow it says ‘for better or for worse’ and we experienced what those words really mean. The past months showed me that we can handle anything as long as we stick together. You are my sun and my moon. You can make me feel so much better with one smile on your beautiful face, one sparkle in your gorgeous eyes and one word from your adorable lips.

Your wit surprised me so many times. Your charm cheered me up whenever I needed it the most and your warmth always managed to soothe me no matter how dark things were. You’ve been my rock when I thought the whole world was falling apart. You’ve been the light when things became too dark and you never asked for anything in return.

I never thought I could love a woman the way I love you. It took me much too long to realize these feelings and now I can’t picture a single day without you. I feel alone and lost without you, I experienced that “ and I never want to feel that way again. So many incidences almost tore us apart and yet here we are. I believe that means that you and me are meant to be, that we belong together. I love you in so many ways, I need you and I want you. No words from any language in the world could ever express how much you and our little girl mean to me.”

Penelope blinked back the tears that had sprung to her eyes and replied: “When I was shot and almost died all I could think of was that the last thing I said to you was something mean, something out of anger. I felt guilty and feared I’d never get a chance to apologize. I thought you were mad at me and yet you were so kind and caring. You were the one to watch over me, you were there to chase my nightmares and fears away and you were there to ease the pain. From the first day we met I felt that there was something special between us, some kind of bond. But I never realized how strong that bond really was until then.

When you first told me you loved me the world stopped revolving and my heart skipped a few beats. Although back then I hadn’t thought you meant it this way. I never thought you could be in love with me. But I guess the way you treated me should have tipped me off. You always cared so much about me and you always knew what I needed before I did. Sometimes it frightens me a little how well you know me.

I’ve been alone for quite a long time and I had forgotten what it’s like to have a family until I met you. I love you and Eliana more than anything in the world, with all my heart, all my body and all my soul. And I really hope that we belong together because if we don’t you’ll have a problem. I’ve waited much too long for you to be mine and I have no intentions of letting you go. So don’t think you’ll get rid of me any time soon.” This caused all present to chuckle.

After several moments of silence they both turned to the pastor who smiled and asked: “Do you, Derek Morgan, take Penelope Garcia to be your lawful and wedded wife? Do you promise to love, to cherish, to honor, to protect, forsaking all others, in sickness as well as in health, in adversity as well as in prosperity, for better or for worse, and to cleave only to her so long as you both shall live?”

Derek looked back into her eyes and smiled: “I do.”

“And do you, Penelope Garcia, take Derek Morgan to be your lawful and wedded husband? Do you promise to love, to cherish, to honor, to obey, forsaking all others, in sickness as well as in health, in adversity as well as in prosperity, for better or for worse, and to cleave only to him so long as you both shall live?”

Her smile widened as she answered in a low but certain voice: “I do.”

The pastor nodded at Reid who took out the rings and handed them over to the couple. “Derek, you will place this ring on Penelope’s finger and repeat after me…”
Derek’s eyes lit up as he took her hand and gently placed the ring on her finger. He didn’t need to hear the words of the pastor because he knew them by heart. All his senses where fixed on his bride: “With this ring I pledge myself to thee with all the affections of my heart so long as we both shall live.”

The pastor now smiled at Penelope: “Please place your ring on your groom’s finger and repeat after me…”

She couldn’t stop the tear from running down her cheek as she placed the ring on Derek’s finger and repeated the words he had just spoken: “With this ring I pledge myself to thee with all the affections of my heart so long as we both shall live.”

“The scripture declares love is forbearing and kind; love knows no jealously, love does not brag, is not conceited. She is not unmannerly, nor selfish, nor irritable, nor mindful of wrongs. She does not rejoice in injustice, but joyfully sides with the truth. She can overlook faults. She is full of trust; full of hope; full of endurance. Love never fails.

As a minister of the gospel, and by the authority vested in me by the State of Virginia, I pronounce you to be husband and wife. Whom therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder.” the pastor announced and smiled at Derek: “You may now kiss the bride.”

Grinning from ear to ear Derek pulled Penelope close and captured her lips with his. He had waited for this moment for much too long.

Derek had to admit that Spencer hadn’t exaggerated when he’d promised him that JJ had made sure everything was perfect. She had acquired a huge wedding cake, Penelope’s favorite band was playing for three hours of the evening “ and they even played a waltz as the wedding dance. Derek was rather sure that it hadn’t been only JJ who’d arranged all this. Anyway, they’d booked a large room for the wedding feast, the tables were very nicely decorated and the catering was the best Derek ever had seen.

The past two months were almost forgotten. They were happy, even Hotch was smiling. Spencer as their best man had prepared a nice speech and was unbelievably relaxed when he gave it in front of so many people. Derek was surprised “ until he remembered that JJ had provided Spencer with at least three glasses of wine.

Everyone was dancing and obviously having a good time. Derek and Penelope kept holding hands whenever they paused from dancing. Everyone was so enamored with Eliana that Derek and Penelope barely got the chance to spend time with her. But the biggest surprise of the evening was when Lara asked Spencer for a dance “ and Spencer turned out to be quite a talented dancer. Lara grinned when they played a slow song, poked Spencer in the rips and pointed towards JJ.

He cleared his throat and simply held his hand out to the beautiful blonde who willingly accepted after she’d seen what he was capable of.

“Think we’re going to have another wedding of two team members?” Derek whispered as he held his bride close to him swaying her across the dance floor.

She giggled: “Do you really believe he’d ever dare propose to her?”

“You never know.” Derek shrugged and closed his eyes. “I love you, baby girl.”

“I love you, hot stuff.” she whispered and buried her head in his neck. “Do you think they’ll notice if we steal away for a few minutes?”

He chuckled: “As much as I would love to do that I fear we can’t. This night is supposed to be perfect.”

They remained dancing in a close embrace long after the music had stopped “ until JJ gently tapped their shoulders, grinning: “Time to throw the bouquet!”

Derek chuckled when he saw his younger sister blush after she’d caught the bouquet.

“I’m going to take Eliana home.” Fran smiled at them. “She needs some rest. Enjoy the rest of the evening!”

“Thanks for taking care of her, mom!” Derek smiled as he kissed the two ladies goodbye.

“Thank you so much.” Penelope agreed, hugged Fran and kissed Eliana. “We’ll be home in a few hours.”

“No, you won’t.” Fran objected with a wink. But she was gone before Derek or Penelope could ask her what that was supposed to mean. That was until everyone called it a night.

“JJ, can you give us a ride?” Penelope asked knowing that Derek’s apartment was on her way home. “Fran is certainly awaiting us.”

“Nope.” JJ grinned.

Derek and Penelope gave her a puzzled look: “What do you mean ‘nope’?” he asked.

Her grin widened as she pulled a keycard out of her pocket and held it up. “You’re staying overnight.” she stated. “In the bridal suite! Come on, I’ll show you the way!”

Completely perplexed Penelope and Derek followed their co-worker to the elevator. “JJ, we can’t leave Fran alone with Eliana.” Penelope tried to object. “And moreover, such a suite is really expensive.”

“Pen is right.” Derek agreed. “We can’t…”

“Of course, you can!” JJ put them off. “First of all, Fran’s fine. She agreed to take care of Eliana and Des and Sarah are there to help her. And secondly, we’ve all chipped in to pay for the suite. It’s our wedding gift.” handing them the keycard JJ waggled her eyebrows: “It’s paid ‘til ten a.m. tomorrow, enjoy it!”

Stunned they watched the grinning blonde heading back to the elevators for a moment before Penelope opened the door and wanted to step inside. They had more than twenty-four hours.

“Whoa, hey, what do you think you’re doing?” he asked and grabbed her arm to hold her back.

Penelope’s voice had a lecherous undertone as she stated: “I want you inside!”

Derek pulled her close to him and said: “I want to carry my bride over the threshold.” before she could say anything he’d lifted her up, kissed her deeply and stepped inside. His jaw dropped and he had to remind himself to put Penelope gently to her feet and not let her drop as well.

“Wow!” she gasped. The room was decorated with candles in fireproof holders and roses, tons of roses. Some petals were spread over the bed and the floor. JJ had truly surpassed herself. After a moment of dumbness Penelope turned around and pulled her husband into a passionate kiss.

“Wait, baby girl!” he softly commanded as he stopped her hands from unbuttoning his shirt. “It’s my turn first.” He smirked at the surprise in her face and explained: “As I said this night is supposed to be perfect so I don’t want to go too fast. The location is perfect, let’s make sure the rest is as well!”

Pleasurable thrills ran through her body and she nodded in excitement. She willingly turned around when Derek ask her to do so. She felt his lips on her neck, exploring it as if it was the first time he ever touched her. Derek planted gentle kisses over the small portion of her back that her dress didn’t cover. Then he finally undid the zipper, slowly pulling it down, kissing every part of skin he revealed.

Penelope closed her eyes and shivered with every kiss. Her heart was pounding like mad and every hair on her body rose.

Derek stood up, turned her around and gently pushed the dress off of her shoulders. Then he lifted her up once more and laid her down on the bed. He took his time touching her, kissing her, pleasing her and exploring every little inch of her. He made her whisper his name once, twice… continued until she screamed. “You know, I love the sound of that.” he chuckled. Then finally he settled next to her and allowed her to take control.

She smirked as she started to unbutton his shirt. She knew every sensitive spot of his body and paid extra special attention to every single one of them. He growled, moaned and writhed under her touch which only encouraged her to take even more time. When a low, lingering growl escaped his mouth Penelope looked up and grinned maliciously: “You know, I love the sound of THAT!”

Finally after an eternity of teasing, petting and kissing they locked eyes with each other, their bodies as close as humanly possible.

Derek sighed contentedly. Every time he was sure there was no energy left in his body Penelope managed to prove him wrong. He wasn’t sure what time it was “ but for the first time in his life it didn’t matter at all. Derek just hoped this night would never end.

Penelope leaned up, her fingernails gently scratching over his chest. “Hold me!” she whispered and reached out for him.

Smiling Derek sat up and wrapped his arms around her, holding her as tight as possible. Finally she was his, wholeheartedly, entirely his and he never wanted to let go of her again.

“Wow.” Penelope gasped as they both sank into the pillows.

“God, baby girl…” Derek panted. “That was…”

“Unbelievable.” she whispered and closed her eyes, unable to keep them open. She’d never felt so exhausted before “ and yet so alive.

“Exactly.” Derek agreed. For a long time there was only their panting as they both tried to catch their breath.

Finally Penelope rolled over to lay her head on his chest. She could hear his heart racing and smiled remembering all they had done during the past hours. It was no surprise to her that it was already past noon.

“I love you, Mrs. Morgan.” Derek smiled as he caught her in his arms and placed a gentle kiss on top of her hair.

“I love you, Mr. Morgan.” she smiled and drew invisible patterns on his chest. “Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that it wasn’t always amazing but… I never thought it could feel like this.”

“I know what you mean.” he grinned. “Think we can manage to do that again?”

Penelope giggled. “Probably not anytime soon.” she replied. “I’m completely worn out. But… one day, maybe. We should definitely give it a try.”

Derek gently let his hand run up and down her arm as he whispered: “I’ve never been so happy before, do you know that.”

Raising her head to meet his eyes she answered: “Me neither.” before she leaned down to kiss him. Peter Bexter had almost succeeded in ruining their entire life. But in the end they’d won. They were happy, married and their little girl was waiting for them to come home.

He could read in her eyes that Penelope thought the same as he did at the moment. He reached out to stroke her cheek and whispered: “It’s over, baby girl.”

She smiled and placed a gentle kiss on his lips. “I’d rather think it has just begun.”

“Our time together has definitely just begun.” he replied and studying her face Derek softly added: “I can’t believe we finally got this far. For so many years you made my life so much brighter and better and it took me so long to realize that.”

“I guess you never realize a good thing ‘til it’s gone.” Penelope replied in a low voice. “Or almost gone. But whatever caused us to end up here in this bed with these rings on our fingers in retrospect I’d say it turned out to be a good thing.”

“Yeah, that’s true.” he agreed. “As long as things always turn out like this and as long as I have you and Eliana by my side I don’t care about all the rainy days, I’m not afraid. We can handle everything “ together.”

“Together.” she nodded and laid her head back onto his chest. “That sounds good.”

They had almost drifted into a deep sleep when the ringing of the phone startled them. Derek looked at the caller ID, put the caller on speaker-phone and smiled at the woman in his arms as he answered: “Mr. and Mrs. Derek Morgan?”

“Aw, that sounds so cute.” JJ sighed.

“Doesn’t it?” Penelope agreed with a chuckle.

“I hope I didn’t disturb anything.” JJ pretended to worry but didn’t sound a bit sorry and she probably knew it.

“It’s bearable.” Derek shrugged.

“I just called to tell you that everything’s just perfect. I went to see Eliana this morning and she’s healthy and happy with her grandma and her two aunts.” she explained and was pretty sure Derek and Penelope knew this was an excuse. “I hope you two slept well?”

“Thanks for the wonderful decorations.” Penelope smirked. “It more than served its purpose.”

“And to be honest, we haven’t slept at all yet.” Derek added with a wink.

“I can’t believe you had so much energy left after this day.” JJ giggled. “Well, you still have another eighteen hours…”

Chuckling Derek hung up and wrapped his arms closer around Penelope.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

True love's the gift which God hath given, to man alone beneath the heaven. The silver link, the silver tie, which heart to heart, and mind to mind, in body and in soul can bind.
Walter Scott