Login

Power of love by The Black Horse



Penelope watched the blood dissolve into the warm flowing water. She felt the tears slowly begin to roll down her warm cheeks again as she turned off the water and grabbed a towel from the rack.

She put the towel against her face feeling the soft texture of the towel as she breathed in the flowery scent of the laundry detergent. She kept the towel to her face as she began to weep with wild abandonment.

After a couple of minutes Penelope set down the towel gingerly on the counter next to the sink and wiped the tears that escaped from her eyes. Slowly she run her fingers through her hair as she sighed taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly trying to keep the tears at bay.

This was the first time Mike has ever hit her. He got angry at her when she told him that she wanted to have a baby, to start a family together and when she found him in bed with other woman. Mike wasn’t about to let her tie him down, he wasn’t about to get tied down with kids and a ring around his finger, and he’ll do whatever he feels like.

Penelope sighed as she noticed that one of her sleeves was soaked in blood. With a sharp sigh she walked to her room and changed her shirt. Penelope grabbed her shirt and stuffed it into her purse and grabbed the keys and made her way towards her car.

She swung open the door and slipped into the front seat and jammed the key into the hole and started the ignition. Penelope felt like her heart was about to come through her chest. She broke into tears, She leaned over the steering wheel and let herself let go and cry.

Penelope winced as her forehead touched the steering wheel. She leaned back and gently touched the cut on her forehead. She looked at her fingers and examined the blood on her fingers. She took her bag and rummaged through it for a tissue. Seconds later she found a tissue and pressed the tissue against the cut as she felt tears roll down her cheeks again.

Penelope jumped as her cell came to live in her purse. With a deep breath she quickly reached for her purse and set it on the lap and rummaged through her purse and found her cell. “Garcia,” She responded with a high pitched tone of voice.

She forced a smile as she recognized the voice on the other side. Penelope cleared her throat before she spoke again. Penelope’s voice cracked as she spoke.

“Baby girl, are you okay,” Morgan asked.

Penelope wiped a single tear that rolled down her cheek, “Yes, why,” She asked sniffing slightly.

“You seem upset,” He said with a curious tone.

“I’m f-f-fine,” She sighed and pulled away from her parking spot.

“Have you been crying,” Morgan asked her.

“No,” She lied as she stopped for a red light.

“You seem like you have baby,” He hinted slightly.

“O-o-okay,” She answered him wanting to cry again.

“Baby girl, It’s okay if you were and if you are,” Morgan told her.

Penelope sighed with frustration and turned into the parking lot of the laundry met. She turned off the engine and got out of the car and leaned against the car.

“I know. I’m fine,” She lied again.

Morgan let out a quiet sigh and said, “You don’t seem fine,”

She rolled her eyes and sighed as she said, “I’m fine, seriously sugar,” she hung up quickly before Morgan could reply.

That after noon Penelope walked into the BAU with her purse swinging around her wrist and a venti iced coffee in her other hand. She was wearing a cherry red tank top with a black leather belt around her waist and a short black casual blazer jacket, dark red India style skirt with white fish nets and black heels. Her hair was down up into a tight bun with strands of hair over her forehead so they hind her cut.

“Hey baby girl,” Morgan greeted her warmly as she approached him and towards the stairs.

Penelope smiled slightly, “Hello,” She said as she climbed the stairs. Morgan followed her up the stairs.

“Garcia, hey, hey,” He grabbed her gently by the arm, “What’s the matter baby,” he asked her as she tried to get away from him and to start on the new case.

“Nothing,” She replied with a sigh.

Morgan gave her a puzzled look and leaned against the frame of the door. Penelope quickly sat down her purse on her desk and settled into her chair and started the computer.

“Baby, you aren’t acting like yourself,” Morgan asked.

Penelope looked up at him, “What do you mean,” she asked opening a file.

Morgan leaned against the desk and crossed his arms against his chest, “You aren’t chipper or I haven’t got any flirty comments from you like usual,”

Penelope sighed and forced a smile and said, “Morgan, I don’t have to be flirty or be chipper all the time,” she told him with a slight frown and ran her fingers over her cut. She winced slightly as her fingers touched the wound. Morgan looked at her forehead than into her eyes.

“Penelope,” He asked.

“Yes,” She replied feeling suddenly uncomfortable.

“You’ve got a cut on your forehead,” He said reaching towards her forehead.

Penelope shied away from his touch. Morgan frowned slightly as she pulled away avoiding his touch.

“Baby, did Mike do this to you,” He asked feeling his stomach twist and turn in growing anger.

“Don’t baby me Morgan, and no he didn’t,” she lied as she noticed his demeanor changed as he saw the cut on her forehead.

“I ran into the door this morning,” She lied again.

Morgan frowned and looked at her with a stern expression, “Running into a door wouldn’t make a cut like that,”

Penelope rolled her eyes because she knew that Morgan had figured out that she is lying about how she got the cut on her forehead. He knew that the cut wasn’t from running into a door put being hit with a object.