Login

Power of love by The Black Horse



Penelope sat in front of the computer staring at the screen with a blank stare on her face. She painfully aware of the cut on the forehead as it was throbbing.

She jumped as Emily walked behind her with cups of coffee and a bag of scones for the both of them.

“Hey Penelope,” Emily greeted her with a smile setting the cups and scones down on the tabled next to the door.

She turned around petting her forehead in order to hide the cut on her forehead.

“Hey,” She replied.

Emily opened the bag and pulled out a scone and reached out to Penelope, “Scone,” She asked.

“Sure,” Penelope said smiling as she grabbed the scone from Emily and took a bite.

Emily walked over to Penelope and set down the cup of coffee next to the computer. “Three sugars and lots of cream,” Penelope asked putting the cup to her lips.

“Yes Pen, three sugars and lots of cream. Just the way you love it,” Emily says with a laugh.

She took a long sip of her coffee and smiled setting down the cup and turned back to look at the screen. Emily walked towards the door and then turned around leaning against the door.

“Are you okay,” Emily asked.

“A-ahm,” Penelope suddenly stopped typing and sighed softly, “I-I-I’m fine,” She answered turning around to face her.

Emily bit her lower lip and said, “Are you sure,” She asked as Penelope took another bite of her scone.

“Yes,” She replied.

“You don’t seem like your self Pen,” Emily said opening the door slightly.

Penelope frowned slightly, “You’re not gonna mention the cut on my forehead,” She asked Emily frowning.

Emily looked at her forehead and noticed the cut behind Penelope’s hair, “What happened,” She asked worried.

Penelope sighed frowning. “Like I told Morgan, I ran into the door this morning,” She lied.

“You ran into a door,” Emily asked in a unbelieving tone.

“Yeah, a door,” Penelope said as she ran her fingers across the cut.

Emily frowned and walked towards Penelope. “You couldn’t have ran into a door Garcia,”

Penelope frowned at the question and stood up as she said, “What do you know Emily,” She snapped.

“Running into a door wouldn’t leave a cut like that, and you know that,” Emily retorted with a sigh.

“Yes it would,” Penelope breathed as she stood up and walked past Emily and ran down the stairs. She made her way out of the BAU and outside. Penelope was in tears as she walked through the doors. She felt so betrayed, lost in her own world.

Penelope looked up at the sky and watched as the birds flying across the sky. She wondered why is everyone not believing her that Mike wouldn’t hurt her on purpose. Mike was the first man that actually gave a damn about her, show her for what she was. Penelope wiped away tears as they rolled down her cheeks.

She jumped as her phone become to ring in her jacket packet. “Garcia,” She answered clearing her throat. Penelope smiled slightly as she reorganized his voice. It was Hotchner on the other side. She was glad it wasn’t Morgan or Emily.

“Where are you,” Hotchner asked.

Penelope took a deep breath and answered, “I’m outside taking a break,”

“A break,” He asked with a hint of question in his voice.

She cleared her throat again before she answered to his question. “Yes a break sir,”

Hotchner caught a hint of worry and pain in Penelope’s voice. He began to wonder what was going on because she almost never takes breaks like this.

“Are you okay Penelope,” He asked.

A gasp caught in Penelope’s throat as Hotchner asked her if she was okay. Penelope knew that she wasn’t okay and that three people probably already knew the truth.

“I-I-I’m okay sir,” She lied.

“You know you can talk to me about anything,” Hotchner said trying to reassure her.

Penelope frown slightly, “Yes,” She began to walk towards the BAU again, “Thank you,” She said as she made her way through the door and to the elevators.

She was terrified to walk into the area where the team was. Penelope really didn’t have the strength to deal with Morgan and Emily right now. She was weakened by the physical and mental grief. All she wanted was for all this to go away and go back to Mike and to pretend like this never happened.

When Penelope walked through the door Morgan rushed over to her and stopped her from avoiding him as she made her way back to her room.

“Hey baby,” Morgan greeted her as he pulled her into a tight hug.

At first Penelope was too happy with the hug but didn’t reject the hug. She felt safe in his arms as he just held her there for what seemed like years. Penelope wanted to cry but she kept herself from crying because she didn’t want to start up drama and have to deal with it.

“Are you okay,” He asked as she put her head on his shoulder.

Penelope sighed slightly, “At the moment yes,” She said as Morgan rubbed her back.

“He's leading you blind, hun,” Morgan whispered into her ear.

Penelope frowned and lifted her head off his shoulder, “Blind,” She asked as she pulled away from his embrace.

“Garcia, he hit you. Mike isn’t in love with you the way you think that he is,” He said reaching towards her.

“Mike loves me,” Penelope snapped pushing him away as he attempted to pull her back into a hug.

“Baby no he doesn’t,” Morgan said folding his arms across his chest.

Penelope sighed frowning as she realized that it wasn’t worth it to fight over this with Morgan right now.

“Whatever you say,” She said with despair. Penelope felt tears burning in her eyes as she watched Morgan return to his desk and start on the case. With a deep breath Penelope made her way towards her room.