Login

Power of love by The Black Horse



Two months later…

Penelope managed to feel comfortable around Morgan again since the day they had a fight. She started to smile and flirt with Morgan, she was beginning to feel like herself again.

Penelope walked into the BAU with her usual spring in her step. Morgan noticed her and walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.

“Oh,” She giggled as Morgan embraced her, “Hey Sugar,” She said hugging him abit tighter. Penelope felt loved for the first time in months.

“I’m glad to hear you’re back to your old self baby,” Morgan told her as she kissed his cheek and said, “Of course honey.”

After another minute they pulled apart and went their separate ways. Penelope couldn’t help but to smile as she thought about Morgan the rest of the day.

That night before she left she heard a knock on the door of her room. “Come in,” She said getting her purse ready.

Morgan walked in and leaned against the wall. “Hey baby girl,”

Penelope turned around and smiled at him and said, “Came to check up on me,” She giggled slightly as he frowned slightly.

“Relax bebe, I was just joking,” She said walking up to him and caressing his cheek. Morgan grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to him and pressed his lips against hers. Penelope’s eyes widened then softened as the kiss deepened. “Morgan,” She breathed.

“Hmm,” Morgan asked as he pushed her against the wall.

“We shouldn’t kiss like this,” She said braking the kiss.

“Why,” He asked with Penelope still in his embrace.

Penelope sighed with disappointment because she really loved to feel his lips against hers but she knew friends shouldn’t kiss like that plus she had a boyfriend.

“Morgan, we are friends,” She told him regretfully.

Morgan smiled laughing, “Friends can kiss,” He said kissing her quickly.

Penelope smiled back at him and gently ran her fingers across his lips. She wanted him, she wanted to feel his body against hers, to be able move as one.

“Sugar, it isn’t as simple as it sounds,” She said with a sigh leaning her head on his shoulder.

“Baby, it does have to be simple,” Morgan said rubbing her back as he smelled the flowery scent of her shampoo.

“I know,” Penelope answered smiling.

“Good,” He said kissing her on the top of her head.

She pulled away from him slightly so that Morgan’s hands where resting on her shoulders about a arm’s length away. Penelope gazed into his dark chocolate brown eyes and said, “That kiss felt so cosmic.”

Morgan smiled lowering his hands to her hips and pulling her closer to his body. “I can give you so much more then he will ever.”

Her body became real stiff and she became real co comfortable as he told her that he can give her much more then Mike can ever give to her.

“I-I-I don’t know,” She sighed and pulled away and walked out the door. Morgan followed her as she made her way down the stairs. Penelope felt like she was paralyzed, she was torn both ways, she was in love with Mike but at the same time she was very much in love with her long time best friend.

“Tell me, baby what’s the matter,” Morgan asked as she was about to step into the elevator.

“Sugar, only god knows what’s the matter with me,” Penelope replied wanting to fall into his arms and admit that she was in love with him.

He gave her a puzzled look as she stepped into the elevator. “Baby,” Morgan breathed as the door started to close. Penelope sighed and answered quickly before the door closed completely, “I’m sorry.”

Later that night…

1:20 pm

“Where the hell have you been,” Mike barked at her as she walked through the door of their apartment.

“Work,” She said setting her purse on the table next to the front door.

“At one twenty in the morning,” He asked standing up and walking towards Penelope.

“Yes baby,” She answered.

“Don’t fuck’n baby me,” Mike snapped as he slapped her so hard that Penelope gasped out loud.

“Mike,” She breathed trying to apologize as he walked into the kitchen.

She leaned against the wall in the kitchen as Mike looked at her and the expression on his face wasn’t pleasant.

He walked up to her and push her towards the stove, “Dinner,” He barked.

“Where is my fucking dinner,” Mike barked at her as she rushed over to the freezer to get the meal that Mike always loved to eat.

Penelope quickly made his dinner and set up the table the way he like. Before he set down he walked up to her and slapped her hard across her face saying, “If you forget my dinner again I won’t let you get off that easy,”

“I’m sorry. Next time dinner will be ready,” She said fighting back tears.

“Yeah, yeah,” He said dismissing her with a wave of his hand, “Get out of my site,”

Penelope ran to their room shutting the door and collapsed onto the bed in tears. She lay there weeping for a while as Mike was finishing his meal in the kitchen.

After about an hour Mike walked into their room and found her fast asleep on the bed.

“Penelope,” He snapped hitting her in the back. She woke up with a start and rolled over onto her back.

“Mike,” She asked looking up at him.

Mike rolled his eyes at her and started to undress. She set up and looked at him wondering what got into him. Mike never hit her before or cursed at her as much as he has for the past week.

“Do you love me,” She asked looking at him.

The question caught him off guard. Mike turned around and frowned at her with anger building against his chest.

“Why would you ask me such a stupid and mindless question,” He asked crossing his arms across his muscular chest.

Penelope rolled over onto her stomach as she answered, “Because you have been acting really strange lately,”

Mike frowned at her as he asked, “Define strange,” his tone became more rigid.

“When we first met you were such a gentlemen, and now you’re a jerk,” She said as Mike groaned.

“You’re mistaken,” He snapped.

“No I am not, and you know I am right,” She snapped back at him and sat up.

“The fuck you are bitch,” Mike barked.

“What the hell got into you Mike,” Penelope fired back frowning.

Suddenly she was pushed onto her back as Mike pinned her wrists to the mattress. He jammed his knees on either side of her legs to keep her from moving around underneath him.

“I’m a man and I can do what the hell I want,” Mike yelled as he started beating the crap out of her.

“Stop, stop” Penelope cried as she managed to fight him off just enough to let out a scream.

Mike just laughed as he allowed her to free herself from his vice like grip. She clawed at his face and neck as he became to undress her. Penelope screamed but was quickly silenced with a hand over her mouth.

“Shut up,” Mike ordered.

She didn’t listen as she bite his hand and began to scream when he took his hand away. Mike quickly managed to silence her again.

“I told you to shut up,” Mike snapped slapping her across the face.

After about an hour and a half of Mike on top of her beating the life of her, he finally got off and ordered her out of the room.

Penelope struggled towards the door of their room and opened the door looking at mike.

Mike collapsed back into the pillows and without looking at her said, “Out,”

With a sigh she limped over to the coffee tabled and over to her purse on the sofa. Penelope rummaged through her purse and found her cell. She dialed Morgan’s number and waited for the phone to connect her.

“Morgan,” He answered.

“I know it late, but can y-you pick me up,” She asked as her voice cracked.

“Sure baby, I’ll be there soon,” Morgan said as they both hang up at the same time.

Twenty minute later…

Penelope was down stairs in the dark empty lobby of her building waiting for Morgan. She was collapsed in a red silk sofa watching for his car to stop by the entrance of the building. Penelope was hunched over with her face in her hands.

Five minutes later Morgan arrived in front of her building and made his way towards the door. He opened the door and noticed her hunched over in the sofa. Morgan felt suddenly worried as he rushed over to her side.

“Baby,” He asked as she lifted her head slightly.

Morgan’s eyes widened in shock as he show the cuts and bruises all over her face and she had a split lip. Penelope began to cry as Morgan squatted next to her so he can be at her level.

“Oh Morgan, I messed up,” She said in between sobs.

“Baby, everything will be okay,” Morgan told her as he wiped away tears from her cut and bruised up cheeks.

“I-I don’t know,” She breathed as stood up.

Morgan embraced her as he noticed that she was unsteady on her feet. Penelope rested her head on his shoulder as they stood there. She was in so much pain, not physically but mentally as well. She feels betrayed by her our heart. How can she be in love with a man that beats her and treats her like dirt. For some reason she can’t let go of him. Penelope wiped away tears as they rolled down her cheeks.

“Garcia, why did he do this to you,” He asked as Penelope pulled away slightly.

“It’s all my fault,” She said in between sobs.

Morgan pulled her in closer to him as she buried her face into his chest. He kissed her on the top of her head and rubbed her back to sooth her.

“This isn’t your fault baby, it’s not like you asked to be beat up,” Morgan tried to reassure her.

“It is, you see I was asking for it,” Penelope said weakly as she pulled away from him. She took a few steps gingerly towards the door as her knees buckled and her feet gave out from underneath her and she collapsed. Morgan rushed over to her side as she admitted to stand up again.
“Pen don’t try to stand,” He told her as he quickly picked her up in to his arms.

“I feel s-so weak,” She breath leaning her head against his shoulder as Morgan carried her to his car.

“Baby, I’ll take care of you,” Morgan whispered into her ear as he opened the door and gentle put her into the passenger seat and closed the door as Penelope groaned in pain as she shifted slightly in the seat.

She smiled weakly at Morgan as he climbed into the driver’s seat and started the ignition. He drove to this apartment and parked his car in his spot and quickly walked around to the passenger side and opened the door and before helping her out he looked at her. Penelope looked up at him and said, “I’m sorry,”

Morgan wrapped her arm around his shoulders and helped her stand up as he asked, “For what?”

“For putting you through this, dragging you into this mess,” She said weakly as he decided that carrying her up the stairs to his apartment would be best.

“I don’t mind baby,” Morgan replied as he opened the door and walked into his apartment.

“But,” Penelope said as she fainted.

Morgan looked down at her and noticed that she has fainted in his arms. He made his way to his bedroom and laid her in his bed and covered her with the covers. He went over to the kitchen and grabbed his first aid kit, bowl with water, cloth and returned to his room and opened the box. Morgan dipped the cloth into the cool water and ringed out the water till the cloth was damp and gentle washed the dry blood off her face. After washing off the dry blood he tended to her open cuts. Morgan made sure that all of the cuts weren’t too deep and when he was sure he gently spread Neosporin over her open cuts.

After tending to her wounds and bruises he returned to his kitchen and put away his first aid kit and bowl in the sink. Morgan walked onto his room and turned off the lights and walked into the living room and laid down on his sofa till he fall asleep.