Login

Its Started To Rain, But I Can See The Sunshine In You. by Clue Closet

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Table of Contents

ePub eBook



- Text Size +


As the sun poured through the blinds of a contemporary apartment, a brunette figure turned over. She tossed, she turned, she rolled to and fro. It was obvious she had barely slept, and now the sun was telling her it was time to finally get up. The brunette rolled onto her back, and rubbed her face in an effort to awaken herself. After a short lie-in, she jumped up and ventured towards the bathroom. She exited the bathroom; her shoulder length hair now tied in a messy ponytail, and walked towards her modernly white kitchen. Flicking on the jug she yawned, and her bright brown eyes focused on the coffee mug in front of her. One could tell by the way this figure was standing that she had something on her mind, and that was correct.
Elle Greenaway, as this figure is better known, had just quit her job at the FBI. She was a profiler for the BAU, a very skilled one at that. She worked with a great group of people, including a super genius that could memorize almost anything. Elle had what she’d always wanted; the perfect career, wonderful workmates, and the fact that she was saving lives most days. She still couldn’t believe she’d thrown it all away, and over a stupid thing like shooting a rapist. Elle didn’t mean too, but she didn’t see the big deal. He was a rapist, he was hurting woman, he’d been let free. She couldn’t just let him walk, she had to do something, she had to help the woman who would become his victims, she just had to.
As this thought crossed her mind she flinched. She told herself she wouldn’t think like this, she wouldn’t think of the incident, as she liked to call it. Elle placed her coffee on the bench and walked around her apartment, opening curtains and blinds. She paused at her lounge window and looked out to the world below. Elle watched children, men, woman, buses and taxis all race past. She really didn’t miss the rat race of everyday life; it was nice just to enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning.
During this daydream her phone rang. Startled Elle walked over the phone, and picked it up cautiously. Before she even had time to say hello a voice was heard.
“Elle! Just what the heck do you think your doing leaving without even saying goodbye?” a rather powerful male voice said.
“ Morgan, Hi. Sorry, I just…”
“You just what? Greenaway you can’t just leave like that. I’m coming over, we need to talk, sort things out.” Morgan hastily told Elle, and before she could object the call ended.
Elle rolled her eyes, it was such a Derek Morgan thing to do: invite yourself over to someone’s house without there permission; Derek was always quite forward though. Elle couldn’t help but ponder the idea they needed to sort things out. What did they need to sort out? Nothing had happened. Or did Derek know about the incident? Elle’s minds raced a thousand thoughts per minute, creating new issues to be sorted. Luckily enough her worrying mind was interrupted by a loud knock at the door. Elle walked over to the wooden door, and opened it to reveal the figure behind.
A well-built man in his mid thirties entered the apartment. He was wearing a plain grey t-shirt, with some faded denim jeans, you could tell he was a stylish sort by the way his clothes complimented his figure. He looked at Elle and she motioned for the couch. The pair walked over to the white corner couch, Elle took a seat on the chair opposite so her friend could sit on the couch. The two stared at each other for a second, then agent Derek Morgan of the FBI spoke.
“Elle, what happened? Why’d you leave? Why’d you walk out on me? “
Elle didn’t know what to say. She didn’t realize her leaving would have this much impact on everyone. Before she had a chance to speak, Morgan spoke again.
“Reid misses you, he says its not the same without Elle giving everyone attitude”
Elle laughed at this, she did miss Reid, and she did miss the other agents in her team.
“I guess I just needed a change,” she spoke softly, “Being shot changed me, I just don’t feel the same anymore, my hatred of these scumbags we catch has sky rocketed. I cant just put them away anymore, it doesn’t seem like enough to me. I guess to be frank, we could just say I’m too emotional to be a profiler anymore. “
There was a silence between the two. Morgan just stared at Elle.
Deciding to break the ice, she spoke. “Coffee? Tea? Whisky?”
This question broke Morgan’s silence, and he asked for a cup of coffee.
Glad to be free of the lounge Elle began to make two cups of coffee. She knew how Morgan liked his coffee: one coffee, two sugars and a little bit of milk. She was putting the sugar in when she felt a shadow behind her.
“You know that not what I came to talk to you about.” Morgan said uneasily.
Elle just continued to make the coffees, giving Morgan the freedom to speak.
Morgan paced up and down the kitchen. Elle could tell he had something important to say, he always paces when he has something important to say.
“Just say it already!” she said sharply.
Morgan took a deep breath and begun.
“Elle you know your special to me right? You know you’re my girl right?”
“I thought that was Garcia? She’s your baby cakes” Elle said jokingly.
“Right. She is. But Elle, you know your special to me? You know you and I are a special kinda team?”
Elle nodded. She didn’t know where this was going, but she could tell Morgan was building up to it, all she had to do was wait.
“Well for a while I’ve been thinking. I’ve been thinking of us as more than a team.” Morgan paused, sighed, and continued, “I’ve been thinking of us as more than friends.”
Again Morgan paused; Elle didn’t know what to do.
“Elle I, I really like you, and I have for a while now. I know this is probably a shock to you, and I don’t expect you to feel the same, I just had to tell you. “
Morgan paused again, hoping Elle would say something back. Elle just froze; she didn’t know what to say.
“When I found out you quit the BAU I knew I had to tell you. Elle you just left the BAU, no warning, no goodbyes. I didn’t know what was going on with you. I was worried I wouldn’t see you again, we all were. Elle say something. Tell me to leave, tell me how you feel, tell me something man!” a nervous Morgan said.
Elle finally turned around to face Morgan. He could see she was embarrassed, she always turned slightly scarlet when she felt uneasy. Elle drew up the courage to look at Morgan.
“ I’m sorry”, she said, “I’m sorry. I can’t do this to Penelope. You need to tell her how you feel, you need to tell her she cant you. Morgan, she loves you. I could never be happy with you knowing Penelope’s crying in her office, it’s just not right. ”
Morgan just looked at Elle. He stared at her blankly, as if he was still trying to process what she said. Elle looked away uneasy, sipped her coffee, and then looked back into Morgan’s eyes. Morgan was still staring at her. Elle sighed, she knew this was wrong, but she couldn’t help this feeling. She slowly walked towards Morgan, his eyes fixed upon her the whole time. She stopped a breath in front of him, looked into his eyes and smiled.
“Who am I kidding, I love you Derek Morgan. I love you.”
And with this Derek and Elle finally got the kiss they’d been waiting for.

The End.