Click here to visit the official POI website 'CBS:POI'.
Click here to register and post POI fics 'Register'.
Click here to read the latest POI fics 'Recently Added'.
Menu
 Home
 Register
 Most Recent
 Categories
 Authors
 Titles
 Challenges
 Help
 Rules
 Search
 Top Tens
 Login
 
 
 Contact


 

RSS



Archive Stats
We have stories and authors in this archive.

There are Members.

Currently online:
2 Guests and .

Newest member:


TagBoard


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

June 2003
Barcelona

“Hey Maddie are you sure this is the correct spot?”

“It’s what was in the folder Justin. Unlike someone I actually read the information.” Madeline replied.

Madeline has shoulder length auburn hair and brown eyes sat across the small café table drinking coffee. She wore a white ¾ sleeve button up and dark blue jeans with black boots. The brown haired, blue eyed man across from her wore blue jeans, a polo shirt and sneakers.

“So who is this guy we’re looking for?” Justin asked, leaning back in his seat.

“Look over your shoulder and to the right. He’s the one with the laptop and Bluetooth.” Madeline pointed with her cup.

Justin turned around and looked at the disheveled man sitting a few tables away, and frantically typing on the laptop. He turned back around and lifted his coffee cup to his lips and tilting it back finishing it. Maddie set her cup down along with a few dollar bills before standing up. Justin stood up also and followed her as they walked toward the man and planted a bug. When they were a good distance away Maddie messed with the intercom in her right ear, tuning it to the bug under the table.

“Getting anything?” Justin asked.

“No, just his frantic typing which could only mean he’s talking to someone important.”

“I’m going to confront him.” Justin said turning back to the man.

“We were specifically told not to confront him.” Madeline glared.

Justin waved his hand ignoring her and walked over to the man. Madeline rolled her eyes and patiently waited, listening in on their conversation. Justin was asking the man for directions causing Madeline to chuckle. Justin was terrible with directions and became his designated GPS. Five minutes later Justin returned and grabbed her hand as the man was watching them.

“Have to keep up appearances, dear.” He whispered.

“So you tell him we’re on our honeymoon? Clever I’ll give you that.” Madeline teased.

Madeline stopped and ripped the intercom from her ear as it screeched. Justin too ripped his intercom out and held his right ear in pain.

“Dammit what the hell was that?” he asked, rubbing his ear.

“Simmons, Browe.” A female voice came from behind them.

Madeline and Justin turned around to come face to face with a woman with curly brown hair and a man. Madeline eyed the unknown man beside her colleague.

“What are we on last name basis now, Kara?” Madeline quirked an eyebrow, “Who is this?” she finished, turning to the attractive man.

“Not here.” Kara replied. Madeline nodded and led them to their hotel.

~J~

Madeline locked the hotel room door before walking to the center of the room. Justin disappeared to another room leaving Kara, Madeline and the unknown man. She walked over to the table and took a seat as Kara and her partner followed.

“Madeline, this is John Reese. John, this is Madeline Simmons. We won’t be staying long.” Kara introduced the two.

Madeline nodded her head in greeting as John did the same. The three into silence until Kara and John went on their way. Madeline followed them to the door and opened it for them. Right as she was about to close it Kara placed her foot in the way.

“Watch your back, Madeline.” She said with an edge.

“Always.”

Kara removed her foot and walked down the hall, John at her side. Madeline shut the door, locking it and leaning her back against it. She ran a hand through her hair and sighed. She and Kara never got along and that’s why they were never paired up to work together. Madeline walked back over to the table on the side Kara sat and reached under the table. Her hand brushed over something and she pulled it from the table.

‘Bingo. Interdepartmental investigations or they don’t trust us to get the job done.’ She thought dropping the bug in the trashcan.

Madeline made her way over to the sofa when a thud from the bedroom alerted her. She grabbed the glock-22 from the back of her jeans, cocking it and slowly made her way to the door. She gently turned the door knob and pushed the door open. Madeline cleared the corners and cautiously entered the room. The room was clean, nothing out of place except the bathroom door closed. She walked over and opened it.

“Justin!” Madeline shouted rushing to his side.

She rolled him onto his back and checked for a pulse. Nothing. Madeline searched the bathroom and found a silver flask by the shower. She crawled over and grabbed it; twisting the cap off she brought it to her nose, cringing at the strong alkaline smell.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

A smooth lightly tanned hand reached out and slapped the alarm clock off the bedside table. The lump curled up in the middle of the bed groaned and sat up. A woman with mid-back auburn hair and brown eyes appeared from the covers. She yawned into her hand and stood up to grab the beeping clock from the dark hardwood floor.

“Shit.” She muttered placing the clock back on the table.

She walked over to the closet and grabbed a pair of black jeans, black tank top and a white button up blouse. After she picked her outfit she went and took a quick shower, did her makeup and straightened her hair. Fifteen minutes later she was dressed and was slipping on a pair of ankle boots and finished her wardrobe with a watch, bracelet and rose earrings. A beeping from her bedside table had her rushing over. The black touch phone blinked as it beeped again.

“Hello?”

“Maddie, where are you? Is everything alright?” an elderly woman’s voice said.

“I’m fine, Millie. I’m on my way out the door now.”

“Be careful my dear. The books aren’t going anywhere.” Millie chuckled before hanging up.

Madeline placed her cellphone in her pocket as she grabbed her wallet and keys, and then headed out the door. She locked her apartment door and descended the stairs faster than the elevator. Once she reached the first floor she rushed out the door and into the daily grind of the busy New York sidewalks.

She worked at a local bookstore run by an elderly lady, Millie, and her granddaughter. Passing a nearby alley Madeline couldn’t help but feel eyes on her. She sneaked a glance over her shoulder and saw see two well-dressed guys exiting the alley she passed. She silently cursed and without alerting her followers she slowly picked up her pace. Madeline turned around slightly only to bump into someone.

“I am so sorry. I wasn’t watching where I was going.” She paused turning to look at the person. Her eyes widened when she recognized him, “John?”

“Madeline?”

“I-I have to go…” she sidestepped him and continued walking down the sidewalk.

John watched Madeline leave before he turned his deadly gaze on the two men. He had seen them exit the alley and follow her. Thinking quickly he purposely had her run into him, but he wasn’t expecting it to be her. John approached the men and knocked them back into the alley. He took out the first man by hitting him on the back of the next, knocking him out. The second man was downed with a knee kick and a punch to the abdomen. John casually walked out of the alley as if nothing happened. They wouldn’t wake up for a while.

“Are you there Mister Reese?”

“Yes Finch.”

“May I ask as to what you were doing?”

“I ran into an old…friend.”
Chapter End Notes:
I got the spelling for Kara Stanton's name from the POI wiki and IMDB. I didn't want to have the wrong spelling. :)



Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.


This site and its content are for entertainment purposes only, and not meant to offend anyone or infringe upon anyone's right. All the stories here are the original works of their authors, who are fully responsible for whatever they post here. Online since 1/23/12

PARENTS! Restrict access to this site. Click a links below to find out how.
Cyber Patrol | Surf Watch | Net Nanny | RSAC Rated