Click here to visit the official POI website 'CBS:POI'.
Click here to register and post POI fics 'Register'.
Click here to read the latest POI fics 'Recently Added'.
Menu
 Home
 Register
 Most Recent
 Categories
 Authors
 Titles
 Challenges
 Help
 Rules
 Search
 Top Tens
 Login
 
 
 Contact


 

RSS



Archive Stats
We have stories and authors in this archive.

There are Members.

Currently online:
1 Guests and .

Newest member:


TagBoard


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chinese take-out cartons, a math book and papers littered the top of Madeline’s black coffee table. Lacey and Madeline sat on the floor in front of the coffee table across from each other. Madeline watched as Lacey answered one of the multiple math equations. When Lacey was done she handed the paper over to Madeline who looked over her work.

“You’ve got it.” Madeline smiled handing the paper back.

“Finally after what…” Lacey checked the time on her phone, “Two hours, I understand what to do. Why can’t you be my professor?”

Madeline stood up, grabbing the empty pop cans from the table.

“Teaching isn't really my thing, especially if it’s school. Tutoring, well, that’s another thing. Would you like another?” she said indicating to the cans.

Lacey nodded and turned back to her homework as Madeline walked into the kitchen. Her apartment wasn’t big, but it wasn’t small. It had an open kitchen leading out to the living room with a hallway to the right. She had a laundry room, two bedrooms one with a full bath, two closets and a half bath. Madeline pulled out two more pop cans and closed the refrigerator door with her foot. When she walked back over to Lacey she found her scowling at the paper in front of her.

“Issues?” Madeline asked sitting down.

Lacey grabbed the new can and lifted the tab, opening it and taking a long drink. Madeline raised an eyebrow and smirked in amusement.

“You remind me of myself when I was your age.” Madeline commented.

Lacey paused mid-sip and slowly lowered the aluminum can. “Seriously?”

“Mhmm. I hated math and my professor wasn’t the best, but I managed. Not sure how, but I did. Then again I failed the class and had to take it again with the same professor.”

“That does sound like what would happen to me.”

~J~

“Have you found anything on the girl, Finch?” Reese asked looking through binoculars.

“Lacey Hammond, age 22, college student. Parents died when she was ten in a car accident and her only family is her grandmother Millie Hammond.”

Reese was looking through the binoculars while Finch spoke. He watched as Madeline and Lacey laughed and worked.

“Did you hear me, Mister Reese?”

“Hold on, Finch. It looks like they have a visitor.” Reese spotted a man entering the building of Madeline’s apartment. He swiftly made his way down the fire escape from the roof across the street and followed the man.

~J~

Madeline and Lacey were finishing up the last of the homework when a noise from outside made Madeline tense. Lacey looked up from collecting her papers when she noticed Madeline’s posture.

“What is it, Maddie?” Lacey asked.

Madeline shushed her, holding a finger to her lips. Lacey pursed her lips and looked around, scared.

“Wait here. I’ll go check it out.”

Lacey moved around the coffee table and hid behind the couch. She watched as Madeline grabbed something from the table drawer next to the door. Madeline flipped the light switch off before slipping out the door. The hallway was brightly lit and empty. Not many people lived on her floor and the ones who did were seniors. She liked the quiet floor and didn’t mind the occasional visit from one of her neighbors.

The item Madeline grabbed from the drawer was a pocket knife. She flipped it open as she slowly walked down the hall. Sneaking was one of her favorite past times. When Madeline was younger she would walk around the house without her parents knowing. Her mom always said she appeared out of thin air due to being light on her feet. Madeline reached the end of the hall where the stairs were and began to descend them when she heard a struggle. She flew down the stairs and turned the corner to the floor below only to stop.

A man dressed in blue jeans, boots, black t-shirt and light jacket lay on the floor, unconscious. Madeline turned her gaze on the man standing in front of the other; John. Her eyes narrowed as she stared at him.

“I don’t appreciate being followed, John.”

“Tread carefully Mister Reese…” said Finch over the intercom in John’s ear.

“The girl, Lacey, is in trouble.” John replied ignoring Finch.

“That isn’t treading carefully…it’s the exact opposite.”

John watched Madeline closely. He hadn’t seen her fight when they were in the CIA, but from the stories he heard she wasn’t one to mess with. His eyes jumped to her right hand clenching around the knife. Madeline raised the knife getting ready to throw it. John slowly raised his hands in surrender when the knife flew past him. A groan sounded a few feet behind him followed by a thud. John turned around and saw a man on his knees; the knife embedded in his shoulder.

“Did you really think I was going to kill you? Give me a little more credit, John.” Madeline smirked.

John turned to his right to find her standing beside him.
“I didn’t want to take any chances.”

Madeline huffed and walked to the kneeling man. She knelt down in front of him causing the unknown man to look up.
“Who are you?” Madeline asked; her tone dark.
The man kept quiet and eyed John behind Madeline. He cursed as the knife was pushed further into his shoulder. He turned back to the auburn woman in front of him, her hand on the knife.

“I’ll ask you again, who the hell are you?”

Madeline’s eyes narrowed again and she pushed the knife further. If what John says about Lacey is true, then this man was with the other one. She made a promise to Millie to protect Lacey and she wouldn’t break this promise.

“Stop dammit! I’m just a hired gun. I was told to find this girl and take her out.”

“Who hired you?”

“I don’t know! I swear!” he exclaimed.

Madeline looked up at the sound of a door opening. A few people poked their heads out of their doors.

“NYPD, stay in your rooms.” Madeline quickly said.

The doors closed and locked as everyone disappeared back into their rooms. Madeline glanced back at John and gave him a smile. John smirked as Madeline turned back to the man.

“I hope you’re not lying to me. Now who were you sent to kill?”

“Some chick named Lacey Hammond. I wasn’t told anything else!”

Madeline pulled the knife from the man’s shoulder eliciting a shout and curse. She stood up and turned to face John. The man got to his feet and aimed a punch at Madeline’s head. Before Madeline could move John pushed her out of the way and blocked the punch with his arms. He countered with a punch of his own, hitting the man in the side. The sound of bones breaking reached Madeline’s ears as she watched John take the man down. When the man hit the floor, the intercom came to life with Finch’s voice.

“Mister Reese, is everything alright?”

John looked over at Madeline before responding. “Just taking out the trash.”

“You have some explaining to do, John.”

“Where’s Lacey?”

“Safe in my apartment, why?”

“Let’s go.”

John walked past Madeline toward the stairs. Madeline rolled her eyes, but followed closely behind. Madeline turned the doorknob only to find it locked. She knocked her knuckles against the white wood door. Footsteps could be heard on the other side followed by the locks turning. The door flew open to reveal a flustered Lacey.

“Oh thank god you’re alright! I was getting worried! Who is this?” Lacey asked turning to John.

“He’s a…uh…friend of mine.” Madeline replied.She chanced a look at John and found him smirking down at her.

Madeline walked into her apartment followed by John who closed the door behind him. She went over to the couch and sat down. Lacey took a seat beside her and crossed her legs while John remained standing. Madeline shared a look with John who nodded.

“Lacey, we need to talk.”

~J~



Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.


This site and its content are for entertainment purposes only, and not meant to offend anyone or infringe upon anyone's right. All the stories here are the original works of their authors, who are fully responsible for whatever they post here. Online since 1/23/12

PARENTS! Restrict access to this site. Click a links below to find out how.
Cyber Patrol | Surf Watch | Net Nanny | RSAC Rated