Click here to visit the official POI website 'CBS:POI'.
Click here to register and post POI fics 'Register'.
Click here to read the latest POI fics 'Recently Added'.
Menu
 Home
 Register
 Most Recent
 Categories
 Authors
 Titles
 Challenges
 Help
 Rules
 Search
 Top Tens
 Login
 
 
 Contact


 

RSS



Archive Stats
We have stories and authors in this archive.

There are Members.

Currently online:
1 Guests and .

Newest member:


TagBoard


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Disclaimer: nothing you recognise belongs to me.

"This is the worst Thanksgiving that I've ever had," Joss says wearily. "And I'm including the time when I was ten and my grandma threw the turkey at my Grandpa because she thought he was having an affair with the woman at the grocery store."

"Did she hit him?" John's voice, usually low is raspier than usual. Whether due to blood loss or concussion she's not sure. It doesn't really matter anyway, but keeping him conscious seems a good idea. Whatever plan she comes up with to get them out of this isn't going to work if he can't move even if it's with her help. Besides without him to focus on she really might start to panic.

"Nah." She twists a little. Her right hand trapped in the handcuffs is going numb but there's not much she can do about that; the metal pole she and Reese are cuffed to is immovable and the keys are so far out of reach that they might as well be on Mars. She can feel the warmth of John's hand on the other side of the pole and resists the urge to check his pulse. "Grams had glaucoma and it went through the window instead. The dog in next door's yard ran off with it. Turned out she'd mistaken the woman's fiancé for Grandpa anyway. She let mom take her to the optician after that." With her left hand she keeps the pressure on his thigh. The bullet that had hit him is still in there, which is in one way a blessing since with only one hand there was no way to try and stem the bleeding from both an entrance and exit wound, but she doesn't want to think about what kind of damage it might be doing.

"So turkeys really can fly?" His mouth twitches in a smile. Usually such a terrible pun would get a tart retort in response, but his face is pale and the bleeding isn't stopping. As though he'd read her thoughts Reese's gray eyes focus on her.

"Seriously?" Carter plays the game and attempts a laugh. "That's so lame."

"You smiled." John rests his head against the pole they're chained to. The silver at his temples has turned dark with sweat and he's so close that Joss can hear his breath hitch.

"That wasn't a smile it was a grimace, and don't pass out on me y'hear!"

"Bossy." His voice is so low that she almost doesn't hear it. Desperately she looks around. The boat that they are in is small but luxurious, perhaps if she and a bleeding out John Reese weren't chained up in one of the cabins, the only crew member's body was a few feet away and they were drifting out into the Atlantic Ocean she might have appreciated the trip. Add in the fact that the boat was slowly tilting sideways which suggested that one of the bullets fired earlier had penetrated the hull, and she kinda wished that she was back at her grandma's house all those years ago.



Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.


This site and its content are for entertainment purposes only, and not meant to offend anyone or infringe upon anyone's right. All the stories here are the original works of their authors, who are fully responsible for whatever they post here. Online since 1/23/12

PARENTS! Restrict access to this site. Click a links below to find out how.
Cyber Patrol | Surf Watch | Net Nanny | RSAC Rated